Pants don't fit and I'm tired

scoakley13

I've done several Whole30's (at least ten but probably more) and even did a Whole75 last year. I felt great and was able to stay active with no issues. I wanted to try Keto so I did that the second half of the year. It was a keto/Whole30 hybrid and also made me feel great. However, I started getting depressed in December and began shoveling unhealthy food in my mouth because it made me feel better. Then I started feeling bad so I ate more bad food. I knew what the bad food was doing to me but couldn't stop and my depression got worse. I started on an anti-depressant at the beginning of January. It made me sleepy and really hungry. So I started eating more because of the hunger and eating unhealthier because of how tired I was. I'm now almost 35 lbs. heavier than I was on Christmas Day and have no energy. I love how I feel (and look) on Whole30 so I'm starting another round tomorrow morning. I've tried a few times over the past couple of months but haven't been able to stick with it. I've been keeping a food log so I could figure out what makes me crave/eat unhealthy food and feel like I've finally figured it out. So here we go...

Goals over the next 30 (or more) days:

• Track food here daily to hold me accountable 
  • Lessen inflammation throughout my body
  • Break "addiction" to sweet treats
  • Stop emotional eating 
  • Increase energy by eating compliantly and getting enough sleep at night
  • Move at least five days per week 
  • Eat breakfast, lunch and dinner every day
  • Fit back into my pants
  • Most importantly - feel good every damn day

pic.jpg

That sums up the awful cycle pretty well I think. It sucks when you know what you should be doing and just keeping doing the opposite. Im starting on sunday and we can be sugar dragon slaying buddies. I also emotionally eat like the dickens. Happy thoughts!  Youve done this before and I have faith you will make it through the other side of this one as well :) 

Day 1 - May 23

Breakfast

• 3 egg scramble with mushrooms and black olives, hash browns and sauerkraut on tomato slices 
  • coffee with Nut Pods

Lunch

Dinner

Movement

• my planned hike fell through so did a 30 minute workout at home - squats, plank, bicep curls, push ups

I feel good today. I woke up excited and ready to go. My energy level was good throughout the day.

Day 2 - May 24

Breakfast

Lunch

• nothing :(

Dinner

Movement

• ran one mile and then walked one mile - I was going to run another and walk another but torrential downpours came on quickly. Luckily I was almost to my car before the skies opened up. 

I feel good again today. Energy level is excellent. I tend to over-potato the first week or so on Whole30 because I don’t like carb flu. After a while, I’ll go a day or two without any type of potato and be ok. Also, I didn’t eat lunch today. I food prepped, cleaned my apartment, shampooed my carpets and ran errands and just didn’t have/make time. I’m ok now but I do have some deviled eggs in the fridge if I get hungry later. My boyfriend ran errands with me and stopped for Taco Bell. I didn’t eat any so I consider that a win! 

@scoakley13  I currently have a Taco Bell staring me down as I sit in an ER parking lot waiting on the hubby.  It’s not even that good but it was always my late night go too, mainly because it was opened and I hate McDonalds and Krystal’s.  Sigh I’m not going over there it’s not an option not tonight!

Day 3 - May 25

Breakfast

• 2 eggs, crispy steak (cheap steak cut into thin strips, dredged in arrowroot flour and cooked in avocado oil), cinnamon apple sauce
  • coffee with Nut Pods

Lunch

• nothing 

Movement

• 3 mile hike

This is what happened today: I didn’t eat lunch or take anything because I thought I’d be home from my hike around 1. However, the hike was a lot further away than I thought. I got really hungry on the way home and broke down and bought a bag of chips. The ingredients were all compliant but I know what potato chips to do me. Make me spiral! So what did I do? Yep, I spiraled. I know how it is when I don’t eat all three meals and when I eat potato chips. I didn’t plan correctly so here I am elbows deep in a bag of popcorn planning for my new Day 1 tomorrow. Sigh. 

Day 1, Take 2 - May 26

Breakfast - two eggs, crispy steak and cinnamon applesauce; coffee with Nut Pods

Lunch - steamed potatoes with salt & pepper, three hard boiled eggs, romaine and cherry tomatoes with Brianna's Real French Vinaigrette (I normally wouldn't eat this because of the canola oil but it was deemed ok in another post and it's quite tasty) 

I'm going to start splitting dinner and movement into a separate post. I keep my food journal at home and am afraid I'll forget what I had for breakfast and lunch by the time I get off work. My 44 year-old peri-menopause brain is something else. :blink:

I love it! It came from a steak and broccoli recipe. When I went to make it, the broccoli was rotten so I just ate the crispy steak. I’ve had it every day since then. Day 1, Take 2 is so far so good. I hope your Day 3 (?) is going good. I’m going to catch up on everyone shortly. 

Dinner - bacon and apple smothered pork chops and green beans  https://nomnompaleo.com/post/77596713058/bacon-apple-smothered-pork-chops

Movement 

• 2 mile walk/run
  • home workout - squats, pushups, planks, crunches and several arm exercises (Momma has bat wings!)

I felt good again today. Very energized and determined. I bought a lot of new shorts in my normal size that I can’t wear right now. I did my home workout while wearing a pair of them and a sport bra. Nothing gets you motivated like a bunch of flesh flapping about. I apologize for that visual but I didn’t upload a pic so you’re welcome for that. :D

Archived