confirmation before i go buy

hillaryp

So I am about to start my first round ever on the first and my husband already is complaining about alllll the eggs for breakfast and I found a few to make him happy but one he really liked is a berry crunch bowl with coconut cream, cashews, berries, unsweetened coconut flakes, and bananas. I did read the guide and noted that there is a think about coconut milk yogurt being a no-go once you add things in. I believe it might be teetering on the not allowed side but had to check as it seems to be his favorite option to try.

• Moderators

We really recommend making all meals meet the meal template, with protein, fat, and lots of veggies.  It's also recommended to limit fruit to not more than two servings a day, where a serving is the size of your closed fist. Having this for breakfast would be low on protein, and could easily be a day's worth of fruit or even more. 

You never have to eat eggs, there are all kinds of options. Anything you'd eat for any other meal is great for breakfast. This does take a little getting used to, but many people find that switching to a filling, protein and vegetable based breakfast is one of the changes they make for whole30 and continue even afterwards because it makes such a huge difference in how they feel, so if you can convince him to give it a try for 30 days, he might find it's worth the effort. Here's an older discussion with examples of non-egg breakfasts people have actually eaten:  

Archived