Is Organic actually better?

JulieAlarid

I'm part way through reading the book, and I'm noticing that it keeps mentioning that I should be including "organic" foods. 

In all my research, and I've done quite a bit, I can find no reputable study (peer reviewed and widely accepted) that shows that there is any consequencial benefit of organic vegetables when compared to conventionally grown vegetables. (My research has mostly been focused on vegetables and fruit, not dairy and meat, so I will contain my question to only organic vegetables)

Many organic growers use the same pesticides as conventional growers. 

So, is there something you, the Whole30 creators/experts, know that I don't? Why is organic recommended? I usually wouldn't care, but I want to do Whole30 right and the price difference between organic and conventional is too big to ignore. 

Here is one of my sources where I've gotten (what I feel to be) reliable information: 

https://gmo.geneticliteracyproject.org/FAQ/are-organic-foods-healthier-than-conventional-foods/

• Moderators

We want you to buy the best quality of food you can afford and that is available to you.   If organic is not something that is of great significance to you (it isn't to me), then you don't have to worry about that.  I think it's likely stating organic in the book because organic is generally accepted to be a higher quality food, however if you have found research and done your due diligence and believe that for your purposes, organic is no better or worse than conventional, then carry on with conventional.

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, laura_juggles said:

EWG is not a particularly reputable group. https://accountablescience.com/how-dirty-are-your-fruits-and-veggies/

There's also a really good article on Influence Watch, but their site's down at the moment, so I can't link there. 

accountablescience looks questionable in and of itself.

must be a carnivore vegan thing.

Archived