Need the Reset Button

bunh6773

Most of my adult life, my weight has been pretty steady.  So when I gained over 10 pounds despite workouts and "diets" I thought something hormonal might be off (I'm at that age where this could be the case.)  I contacted a naturopath who said she could help me "make some tweaks" to my diet and give me some supplements, for $4000 over three months.   Ummm, sorry?   "Tweaking my diet" seems like something I can do on my own.  For Free.

After reading It Starts With Food - I figured it out.  What I thought was eating healthy (throw in some intermittent fasting, and some foods where I have no-brakes)  was really destroying my body's natural rhythm and my metabolism.  I drink wine because "I deserve it" right?  Mmmmm cheese platter.  Chips and Salsa - Heck Yeah! Coffee in the morning and then your first meal at 11am.   No wonder my hormones are all out of whack.  No wonder I always feel terrible and my clothes don't fit.  I wasn't being honest about what I was putting in my body.  

I NEEDED TO COMMIT TO A CHANGE.  I was going to do a standard Elimination diet which was 2 weeks long then you added things back slowly, but then I found Whole30 and that seemed a better fit.  The "rules" were easier to manage and it was a lot like how I cook normally. 

So I took the plunge and started on Monday.  

Day 1 & 2 - I admit, I prepared for the Elimination Diet (soups for the first two days)  and not Whole30, so Day 1 and 2 were a little sad and bleak, but I added in some chicken and felt fine.  No stomach distress like I normally would have.  (Isn't it interesting how we just think that a stomachache is normal?)

Not having a glass of wine at the end of the day is a little weird.  I'm having to keep myself busy so I don't head out to the patio with a glass.  I think this is going to be the hardest part for me, but I need to break the cycle.

Noticing weird sleep - would wake up in the middle of the night and having a hard time getting back to sleep.  Hoping this levels out because I looooove my sleep!  

I'm hoping keeping this log will help with accountability.   

I'm on Day 4 and I can say that sometimes meal prepping can blow up in your face.   I tried a "breakfast bake"  with some ingredients I had on hand and it was just the worst thing ever , so there goes my pre-planned breakfast for the next few days.  I actually had to stop my husband from trying it, it would ruin my credibility as the chef in the house!

Day 3 -

Meal 1 - Gross breakfast bake, couldn't finish it

Meal 2 - Salad with chicken and balsamic vinaigrette 

Meal 3 - Salmon with Roasted vegetables

Day 4 - 

Meal 1 - cauliflower soup with shredded chicken

Meal 2 - spring mix salad with veggies, chicken and avocado dressing

Meal 3 - Thai meatballs in coconut curry sauce with cauli rice - looking forward to this one!

Still looking forward to the magical "sleeping better"  So far it's been weird dreams and waking up in the middle of the night wide awake.  

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 1:58 PM, bunh6773 said:

I'm on Day 4 and I can say that sometimes meal prepping can blow up in your face.   I tried a "breakfast bake"  with some ingredients I had on hand and it was just the worst thing ever , so there goes my pre-planned breakfast for the next few days.  I actually had to stop my husband from trying it, it would ruin my credibility as the chef in the house!

HAHAHAHA thats how i felt about the beef stew i made but my hubby loved it - gross. like who am i even married to.

Id have to go back through my log to see when exactly but i now fall asleep so quickly im in love. I used to toss and turn for hours to even start sleeping now its like 15 min max which is such an improvement and i imagine will only get better.

You have such a variety going on! keep it up <3 happy thoughts

Archived