What can I haver for snacks?

sturgglingCyclist

I'm trying a second time to do the initial Whole30.  I am experiencing the same thing I did before. I spend a lot of time being hungry. So, I often he a snack, mid-morning, mid-afternoon, and especially, shortly before going to bed. If I don't by 11 AM or while trying to fall asleep, my stomach is growling.I sometimes have a red potato or two in the afternoon and often have a banana mid-morning. I know that snacks are forbidden on the Whole30 plan but if hunger is distracting me from work, that's a problem. What would be compliant snacks? Thanks.

Ideally, you shouldn't need to snack between meals. What are you eating for your meals? Are you familiar with the meal template and are you following that? That will definitely give you the best results!

For me, I definitely find that fat is absolutely critical for feeling satisfied between meals! I also find that I need 2 or more servings of starchy vegetables every day. I eat a lot of potatoes and spaghetti squash!! 

As for snacks, the recommendations is to have mini meals for snacks. So, have a slice of deli turkey and some guacamole. Or some canned tuna and a cucumber. While you can technically eat anything that is compliant as a snack, you'll likely see your best results if you make it a mini meal with some combo of fat, veggies, and protein. 

16 hours ago, sturgglingCyclist said:

I'm trying a second time to do the initial Whole30.  I am experiencing the same thing I did before. I spend a lot of time being hungry. So, I often he a snack, mid-morning, mid-afternoon, and especially, shortly before going to bed. If I don't by 11 AM or while trying to fall asleep, my stomach is growling.I sometimes have a red potato or two in the afternoon and often have a banana mid-morning. I know that snacks are forbidden on the Whole30 plan but if hunger is distracting me from work, that's a problem. What would be compliant snacks? Thanks.

Rather than put out a carte blanche for snacks, we could try troubleshooting your meals if you post what you've been eating for your 3 meals along with portion sizes. 

Archived