Returnee as a pescatarian

Hello,

I am a returnee to whole 30.  I did the program about 5 years ago but since then I have switched to being a pescatarian and am not willing to eat beef/pork or chicken for many reasons. I am just looking for a little encouragement that being a pescatarian this is still possible. I can do anything for 30 days. looking for some ideas and advise....

Thank you in advance.

Julie

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have done several Whole30s as a pescatarian and it is very doable. There are so many choices and methods of preparation that I didn’t get bored. In the past few months, however, I stopped eating all fish except for shellfish. I think the program I start next week will be much more difficult. But difficult does not mean impossible and I will complete another Whole30 for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m a pescatarian too, and have been for about 25 years. This will be my 4th or 5th  whole 30 and this time, I’m modifying it. I’m adding in legumes (excluding peanuts and soy) and may add quinoa occasionally as well. Because of the safety limits on eating fish, I just can’t get enough protein to fuel my brain and my workouts otherwise! 
im still looking forward to experiencing great results from the clean eating, and will be strict about everything else (ahem, sweets and alcohol, I’m talking to you!!)

• 3 weeks later...

I am mostly vegetarian I do eat eggs and have added some fish seafood to be successful on whole 30 . This is day 22 and I’m starting to be hungry I find I basically eat breakfast and dinner if I have lunch I’m forcing it do you really need to eat 3 meals every day?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

If the hurting all over started when you added the non-gluten grains, there could be something about them your body doesn't like. Go back to Whole30 eating for at least two days or until you feel better, then either try reintroducing the next group of foods, or if you want to be extra sure it was the non-gluten grains, you could reintroduce them again.

When you say you didn't feel great throughout your Whole30, what does that mean? I see you posted above about asking if you needed to eat three meals a day -- sorry no one got back to you about that. If you were not eating enough, you might have felt tired, run down, lack of concentration, was that what you were experiencing? 

• 1 month later...

I am a pescatarian starting a round of Whole 30 (today is day 1) and wanted to chime in. I've done rounds in the past (pre-pandemic times aka "the before times") and have really had a hard time with food throughout 2020 until today. I didn't do any resets during the pandemic, and I'm thrilled to be starting again. When I did previous rounds in 2019, I went against my veg / pesca ways and incorporated meat according to plan. I had great rounds, but didn't like eating meat. So, now I'm doing it the pesca way. I'll come back and let you know how it goes. Day one is easy as most day one experiences are. I'll also be keeping a log for accountability. 

I expect Pescatarian Whole 30 will be similar to every other round. I'll just have to switch up the recipes. (If any Pesca folks have great instant pot W30 recipes to share, please share with me, would love some new dishes!)