My Whole 30 Log - June 2020

emcate97

Round 2:

Day 1

- Breakfast: peach and hard boiled egg

- Lunch: kale salad with apples, walnuts, red onion, dried cranberry, slivered almonds, and grilled chicken

- Dinner: ground turkey with zoodles and homemade pesto

- Snack: whipped coconut milk and peaches

Day 2

- Breakfast:  green smoothie

- Lunch: egg, tomatoes, leftover ground turkey with pesto

- Dinner: crock pot lemon, thyme chicken and potatoes with beet, orange, arugula salad

Day 3

- Breakfast: peach, banana, pineapple smoothie

- Lunch: kale salad with apples, walnuts, red onion, dried cranberry, slivered almonds, and grilled chicken

- Snack: banana, walnuts, whipped coconut milk

- Dinner: chicken, broth, potatoes

So far already feeling way less bloated!

Day 4 

- Breakfast:  Egg frittata with sausage, tomato, spinach, olive oil and some roasted hashbrowns

- Lunch: peach, banana, pineapple smoothie and beet, arugula, kale and walnut salad

- Dinner: chicken broth, kale, potato and sausage stew

Have not had any non-compliant cravings and so far adjusting to eating this way has been pretty seamless! Although, I am a little bored and not as excited by food. 

17 hours ago, emcate97 said:

Have not had any non-compliant cravings and so far adjusting to eating this way has been pretty seamless! Although, I am a little bored and not as excited by food. 

The food boredom can really be a drag...do you like to cook?

Day 5

- Breakfast: hardboiled egg and leftover frittata 

- Lunch: beet, orange, kale salad and half smoothie 

- Dinner: chicken wings, shrimp cocktail, carrot, ahi tuna

Felt very sleepy throughout the day. I was very happy that I was able to eat compliant foods for dinner despite the fact that I was at a social happy hour!  I couldn't help but think about all the unhealthy foods that I was saving myself from that normally I would have indulged in without even thinking about it.

Day 6: 

- Breakfast: kale chips, potatoes, scrambled eggs with sausage and tomatoes

- Lunch: smoothie and compliant pork chips 

- Dinner: meatballs and kale chips

To share my reasons for starting whole 30 again... My last whole 30 was four years ago, during which I lost 8 pounds and was able to find food freedom!   I have been falling into bad habits again and found myself over eating out of boredom or emotions and rarely eating mindfully or based on internal cues. I was consistently eating foods that did not make me look or feel my best. I hope to target which food groups are less than ideal for me. I know whole 30 is not a weight loss diet, but that is one of my main motivations for doing this. After completing this round, my goal is to eat whole 30 all the time until I reach my goal weight.

Day 7:

- Breakfast: Rainbow veggie salad with lemon vinagrette

- Lunch: 2 jerky sticks and handful of macadamia nuts

- Dinner: shrimp and sopressata skewers and kale salad and roasted broccoli

Day 8:

- Breakfast: smoothie

- Lunch: Chicken salad on lettuce wraps and leftover kale salad

- Dinner: compliant pork rind chips and roasted potatoes 

Noticed I was feeling particularly bloated today and checked the whole 30 calendar and today says "no my pants are tighter". Timing is spot on.

Day 10:

- Breakfast: roasted potatoes, scrambled egg with tomatoes, chicken sausage, and green onion

- Lunch: smoothie

- Dinner: Lettuce wraps with bacon, hard boiled egg, cucumber, tomato and homemade ranch

Can't even believe how little I think about food! Before embarking on whole 30 I gave frequent thought to what I would be eating next. I found myself snacking often and over-eating because most meals involved "food with no brakes".  Now I eat WHEN I am hungry, not before I am hungry.  I stop when I am full, not when my plate is clean.

Day 13: 

- Breakfast: 1/2 lara bar and smoothie 

- Lunch: almond flour tortilla with scrambled egg and veggies & the freshest peach I picked up from the farmer's market :)

- Dinner: very hungry but nothing sounds good??? had some compliant french fries

17 hours ago, ShadowInTheKitchen said:

1/2 way - congrats @emcate97 and keep going!  I notice that you eat a large variety of foods, and you seem to be sailing through your W30.

Thank you :) There have certainly been some challenging moments throughout. For example, the eggplant dish I made last night was a total bust, all I wanted was some ice cream but I refrained haha.

Alright, so back to the beginning! My birthday was this weekend and so was the fourth!  I ate 100% compliant foods on my birthday and the fourth, but I did have cocktails. Then yesterday, I had greek food. I don't think I went completely off the rails because the meal was healthy, but it did have some pita and hummus/ tzatziki which is obviously not whole 30. I do not regret my decision. I ate WAY healthier than I normally would have had I not done whole 30 up until this point. I am still proud of the fact that on my birthday I turned down lobster mac and cheese, shrimp and gritz, birthday cake, ice cream etc! I blew out my candle in a fruit cup with whipped coconut milk. :) However, drinking definitely did NOT make me feel great and I am excited to get back on the whole 30 bandwagon again.

- Breakfast: smoothie

- Lunch: rainbow veggie salad

- Dinner: Chicken, lime, cilantro soup

Archived