Easy meals that I'm loving!

JordanA

Today is my 5th day, and I'm feeling pretty great for the first time! I spent the first few days feeling emotional and tired. I'm young and fairly new to cooking and finding all of this fun and fascinating so far. Anyhoo....thought I'd share some quick things I've made that I love, no cravings, no hunger between meals..it's great! :) and I'd love to hear some simple ideas to add to my list.

Spaghetti squash was amazing I could eat it every night! I'm sure everyone knows this recipe but if you haven't made it, do it! Pack the sauce full of veggies.

I made a huge pot of cabbage soup with a whole head of cabbage, zucchini, two large cans organic diced tomatoes, celery, jalepeno, green pepper, lots of carrots. Before adding all those ingredients sauted yellow onion, 3 cloves of garlic and green onion in olive oil. - makes a great side dish with protein or a snack.

Making W30 mayo and then ranch was the BEST thing I did!

Made egg salad with the mayo and some green olives it was awesome

Today I made a salad with lettuce, grilled seasoned chicken I made last night, celery and tomatoes,a table spoon of the ranch mixed with some Franks red hot sauce, buffalo chicken salad!! Fully satisfied :)

Last night and today my sugar cravings have been a little intense, last night I cut up apples very thin and long slices of banana, heated a pan on medium with a couple teaspoons of ghee, threw it all in and sprinkled with cinnamon. O..m...g. It hit the spot. Now I know this may be frowned upon and I probably teased the sugar dragon but I had barely any fruit that day and would not do this recipe again for a while but it's great if you just want that dessert after dinner once in a while.

:) happy whole30

Hey! I'm glad you're feeling great and having a great time!

I think the Whole30 is a wonderful opportunity to learn more about food and cooking. I appreciate getting the knowledge on how to prepare my own food so I don't have to rely on commercially prepared processed foods.

Which sauce recipe are you using for your Spaghetti Squash? I've prepared it a few times pre-Whole30 with different methods, but haven't found a winner yet.

Also, I agree on the mayo/ranch! I love being able to make this now and can't wait to make a new batch tonight! :D

I made that mayo this afternoon. I am a pretty basic cook, but I was surprised how easy it was. I made too much though. I doubled the recipe so I guess I am going to have to do some of the add-ons with it. Can anyone say "mahi mahi with tartar sauce"?

I was wondering about the sauce recipe too.

I diced up an apple, sprinkled it with Pumpkin Pie Spice, broke up some Pecans and put a few pats of Ghee on top and a tablespoon of water and baked it for 15 minutes at 350. (I used a toaster oven) Then I gave it a nice stir and bake it for 5 more minutes.

This makes a nice finish after my filling lunch of protien and veg.

I know the mayo recipe but how do you turn it into ranch?

How I turn my mayo into ranch is to mix minced green onions, both white and green, a touch of garlic, dill, salt and pepper, stir it up, thin it out with a touch of lemon juice... yum! I believe that there is also a recipe for ranch in the back of ISWF and on the clothes make the girl blog. Hope that gets you started!

Hey! I'm glad you're feeling great and having a great time!

I think the Whole30 is a wonderful opportunity to learn more about food and cooking. I appreciate getting the knowledge on how to prepare my own food so I don't have to rely on commercially prepared processed foods.

Which sauce recipe are you using for your Spaghetti Squash? I've prepared it a few times pre-Whole30 with different methods, but haven't found a winner yet.

Also, I agree on the mayo/ranch! I love being able to make this now and can't wait to make a new batch tonight! :D

I found the sauce at Sprouts/Sunflower market, it is the Wolfgang puck brand in tomato basil. Gluten free, sugar free, W30 approved ingredients, then added the ground turkey that I browned, a can of diced organic tomatoes, chopped green bell peppers, chopped yellow onion, minced garlic clove, some red pepper flakes, and mushrooms I let that simmer for about an hour or more sometimes- all the flavors soak up and it was truly amazing, I had two big bowls and ate it for lunch the next day haha. As for the squash I cut in half length wise and placed in a big glass baking dish open side down with about a quarter inch of water in the bottom. Baked at 350 degrees for 35 min. Then scrape out the seeds and mushy stuff in the trash, take a fork and dig out the "noodles".

@spinspin- that ranch sounds awesome, I did the ISWF recipe which is really good too but very thick.

Archived