Trying Again- Maddie's Whole 30 Log

Madeline368

Today's July 20, 2020 and I'm going to try to do a whole 30 again for the upteenth time... Goals: 1) lose weight, 2) reduce inflammation, 3) clear skin.  Starting weight 140 lbs.  Waist 32 inches, Hips 41.  

Breakfast:  10:30am.  Spinach tomato frittatta, black coffee, o.j. (I know juice isn't recommended- but there is no added sugar so it doesn't break any rules and baby steps are needed to deal with sugar withdrawal and not fail).

July 20- lunch was around 12:30pm, had tuna salad with Primal mayo, jalapeno and pepperoccini in a romaine lettuce wrap.  

Around 4pm had a pint of raspberries and a Nick's stick as a snack

Dinner around 6:30pm was spaghetti squash with bolognese sauce.  It sucked.  Craving carbs

Evening snack of 8 strawberries around 10pm.

Tuesday July 21, day 2.

Woke up with a migraine, overslept, had to dive straight into work.  Breakfast around 9am was just coffee with vanilla nutpod.

Lunch at 12:00 was olives, leftover spaghetti squash and bolognese sauce, and pine nuts.  The plan for dinner is taco salad with shredded beef, veggies, and salsa instead of dressing.  I still have a headache and am pretty grompy today.

Thanks Mady, it was good.  So, let's see, where did I leave off?

Tuesday July 21 I had a cucumber from my garden for an afternoon snack.  Dinner was taco salad with romaine, tomatoes, 2 kinds of peppers, cucumber, guacamole, salsa, and shredded beef.  

Wednesday July 22, day 3, was bad.  Woke up late again so had coffee with nutpod creamer for breakfast.  Lunch was white fish and olives.  I had eggplant on my plate but didn't eat it.  My appetite is not great.  Had a cucumber for an afternoon snack- I am absolutely rolling in cukes right now from my garden thankfully and they make excellent snacks (yes, I know snacking isn't ideal, I'll get there).  After lunch I got one of the worst migraines I've had in a while so I ended up in bed at 4pm.  Got up at 7 and made a smoothie for dinner as I didn't feel good enough to cook and didn't have an appetite but thought getting some calories might help my migraine.  Used 1 banana, 1/2 c. pineapple, 1/2 c. strawberries, 1/2 c. raspberries, 1/4 c. almond milk.  Went back to bed after that and laid there in pain for several hours before finally falling asleep.  Got up at 9:30 this morning and my head is finally better.  

Today is Thursday July 23, day 4.  I will probably end up either doing 45-60 days, or at least tacking on a few extra days at the end, once I get my meal plans right.  Currently I'm focusing on not eating anything off plan and getting through the pain of detoxing.

Archived