Planning for an August 1 Start Date! Excited to change my life and body.

Hi Everyone, 

My boyfriend and I will be starting Whole30 on August 1. I am spearheading all of the planning since I do all of the cooking in our relationship. I know it will be a challenge, but I'm excited to see how it changes both of our lives and bodies. 

I am hoping to decrease inflammation, improve gut health, and improve overall energy. My boyfriend is hoping to decrease joint/muscle pain, improve symptoms of depression/anxiety/ adhd, and improve overall health. 

I'm optimistic that Whole30 will help both of us achieve our goals. 

Looking forward to learning from you all! 

Maddy  

Lucky you to be doing it together! Part of why I've put this off (excuse) is that my husband, while supportive of whatever I do, isn't interested in joining me, and is even more of a raging sugarholic. But that excuse isn't working any longer, so into the fray I go, knowing there will be non-compliant foods and eating going on in the house. Oh well! Maybe he'll see me having a good experience and results and join me for a round once I'm done.

Sharonhr, I did my first whole30 while my daughter was going about her regular diet and habits.  The compromise was that I dedicated a shelf in the fridge and a space in the cabinets for anything non compliant so it remained as accessible as always to her but I was able to tune those shelves out and focus on everything else.  Perhaps you can make a similar set up and arrangement at your house.  (she joined my on my 2nd one)

Archived