Whole30 in Germany

Semi

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

M3: Chicken Drums with roasted potatoes and steames broccoli, zucchini and pumpkin

Snack:  Grapes. Bc they are tasty and it is summer and I really don't care, that the book says "reduce your fruits" bc it's healthy, tasty and I don't eat much fruit the rest of the year (out of season fruits just don't cut it).

28 minutes ago, Ginsky said:

@Semi that meal sounds delicious!  

It was quite tasty!

Best thing: Tradionally made it needs about 4-5 hours to prepare it, but with the Instant Pot I only needed about 1 hour, incl. prepping time.

I love that thing! <3

Day 14 today.

Nearly halfway through.

M1: 3 Scrambled eggs, banana and raisins.

Vanilla Almond Iced Latte (Home brewed coffee, Ice cubes, fresh vanilla bean and a bit of almond milk)

M2: Will be either rest from yesterday or fruits

M3: Meatballs in tomatosauce and zoodles.

Hand is itching again, although I'm sweating and it is on the part of the hand which I lay down while typing on the PC or while writing.

I will go to a dermatologist tomorrow morning to get some cortisol cream. I really want to get rid of it and it does itch terribly right now.

W30 did actually help with the rest of my hand, so there's that.

So, we will travel the 650 km to my MIL the day after tomorrow and I was thinking: What should I eat on the road? ANd what should I eat there.

As I wrote earlier they eat quite a quite carb heavy diet.

So my idea was: Go to the organic store and buy organic deli and pre cooked meat.

Enough to last 2 days, so that I can visit their local organic store on Wednesday to buy more.

On most days my meal will probably look quite similiar to eating at home, but with less eggs.

M1: Joghurt with fruits and fats, also some veggies.

M2: Precooked meat with some veggies and potatoes.

M3: Salad with pre cooked meat, veggies and some sauce.

When we arrive on Tuesday we will order in. From the local Pizza Place and I pray that they are having Schnitzel and Salad on their menu, bc otherwise I'm forked.

After driving 650 km I really don't know if I can withstand eating Pizza, if everyone else is eating it.

Also Today, 09.08.2020

M2: Baked sweet potatoes, fruits and guac

M3: Lettuce, chicken from yesterday, cucumber, veggies from yesterday with a coconut joghurt, mustard and tahin dressing.

Do you know how some people get over eating veggies and just want to eat meat? Or sweets?

I'm getting over eating meat. I miss my seitan and I miss the simplicity of tossing pasta, veggies and some broth in my instant pot and having a finished meal in under 20 minutes.

I also miss oats. Nothing simpler for breakfast than oats, chia seed, some fruits and some peanut butter.

:(

3 hours ago, Semi said:

Do you know how some people get over eating veggies and just want to eat meat? Or sweets?

I'm getting over eating meat. I miss my seitan and I miss the simplicity of tossing pasta, veggies and some broth in my instant pot and having a finished meal in under 20 minutes.

I also miss oats. Nothing simpler for breakfast than oats, chia seed, some fruits and some peanut butter.

:(

I'm pretty sure you can have (no sugar added) chia pudding and other nut/seed butters as long as they have no added sugars.  I don't eat oats but I sometimes soak chia seeds in cashew or coconut milk overnight to have for breakfast.  I haven't in months because I got braces in May though.  

8 hours ago, Ginsky said:

I'm pretty sure you can have (no sugar added) chia pudding and other nut/seed butters as long as they have no added sugars.  I don't eat oats but I sometimes soak chia seeds in cashew or coconut milk overnight to have for breakfast.  I haven't in months because I got braces in May though.  

Already did that twice xD

But it's just not the same as oats AND you have to prepare them in the evening (which I forgot) m(

Day 15,

Went running (totally out of form).

M1: Burger, sweet potatoe toast, cubed sweet potatoes, spinach and onion, also guac.

Needing to use up everything bc we will be away for 2 weeks.

Day 15: Energylevels

Low. i have enough energy to do the chores, but I really should be studying bc I have 3 upcoming exams in 4 weeks and I'm not even remotely ready.

So: I have more energy than when I'm eating junk food, but less than when I eat a more carb leaning diet with around 80 gr /Protein/day.

I really don't know how I will pass, bc I'm not in the headspace to study. My brain isn't exactly foggy, but it's not clear either.

I think I'm not a low carb person.

Bought more meat, even though I'm so over it.

It's prepacked, it was expensive.

This whole diet is expensive if you try to buy animal and ecologically friendly meat.

My choices were limited.

Also bought a small fruit salad and a normal salad, which I will eat with a simple coconut yoghurt dressing tomorrow.

My 3 yo is saying goodbye to her diapers, so she peed into my shoe. Like a cat, bc I told her all diapers have been stolen (and she can use the toilet).

It's 36°C/around 100 °F. I wanna die and am in a bad mood.

But I bought some coffee for the trip. And some more for home.

Actually thinking more and more often bout kicking the diet and restarting after my exams (end of september), bc I really need to study and concentrate and just can't.

• 1 month later...

So, I'm restarting on october, 1.

Will use the coming days to be better prepared.

Although I will need to do some adjustments, bc some things are simply not avaiable or far too expensive here.

If I buy sauces I will buy those without added sugar or at least the lowest sugar I can find for a reasonable pricing.

I will still eat oats, bc otherwise I will not finishing it at all.

I will buy meat, that it's not free range or organic. I'm on a small budget for 4 people (200€/month) and with my first trial I had to pay around 90€/week. For meat.

I already looked around but I couldn't find any guacamole without at least a bit of added sugar, so...

Quite honestly I feel it's we don't have nearly the choices of meat, that US People have. Never saw a "breakfast Sausage" here. We would simply call it" Ground beef" and sausages do look quite different here´. It's also quite a bit harder to find W30 Compliant Food which is not mega expensive...searched for almond flour and the cheapest I could find was 7€ for 300 gr( around 22€/kg) ...Normal flour is about 1€/1000kg. m(

Until the start of october I will slowly decrease my carb intake from pasta and try out new recipes.

The last time I was about 2-3 hrs/day in the kitchen. Not sustainable. Even food preppong didn't work, bc hubby and I simply eat the stuff that I premade...so I will buy pre cooked meat (which takes about 10-15 minutes) and will mostly eat oats and egg dishes in the morning. I will also try to eat more veggies. But that is simply not satisfying, even though I can eat tons of them. Maybe I will find a solution...

My current weight is 78.3 kg. I hope I will drop a bit until 1.11.2020...

• 8 months later...
On 8/4/2020 at 9:30 AM, Semi said:

I want to eat chocolate. Dark chocolate. Like 95% dark chocolate.

It would be really nice.

It would also be nice to eat some cake. I want to eat plum cake. I love plum cake. And they're only in season late July/August.

Somewhat sad, that I won't get cake.

Proud that you held out!

Archived