Hi, People! My First Whole30 Starts August 15--Yay!

LIverlips

Hey, Whole30 World!  I'm so excited to be here!  When I was young, I smirked at my parents' attitude toward food (comfort food?  what's that?  I was raised that food is fuel and/or medicine, but never fun or recreation!), but now I see that "garbage in, garbage out" is kinda true!  With three out of four grandparents dying before they reached retirement age, how did my parents live into their 90s?  (Mom is still with us.)  Diet, of course!  Whole30 embodies all of this, with two awesome additions:  a scientific basis and customizability!  In the long term, I will be retiring myself in about five years, so I want to have my Food Freedom deeply ingrained into my daily life by then.  In the short term, if things go as planned--and they very well may not--I should be on day 22 of my first Whole30 the day I leave to walk the Camino de Santiago in Spain (for the third time).  So why am I here right this minute, introducing myself to everyone?  I'm following, to the letter, the planning and preparation steps as outlined in my favorite new book, "The Whole30, the 30-Day Guide to Total Health and Food Freedom."  I look forward to meeting y'all!

Archived