Hello! My family is about to begin our reintroduction phase in a couple of days! Everyone is wanting to eat at a Mexican restaurant on day 31 in celebration. I want to follow (as best I can) the reintroduction of food groups gradually as recommended, but am also really looking forward to a meal at our favorite restaurant. I am wanting to eat the chips and queso, quesadilla with chicken, cheese, and a corn tortilla, and Spanish rice.....Is this a good idea? Should I leave out the rice and just introduce the dairy/cheese/queso? (the queso is really what everyone and I are looking forward to.) We would eat corn tortillas so there is no gluten being eaten. Does anyone have any advice or critiques on this outing? I want to be smart, but also enjoy some chips and queso^_^ Thank you in advance!

• Moderators

Corn is a non-gluten grain, it's still something you'd be reintroducing that you haven't had for 30 days. 

The reason to do reintroductions one food group at a time is so that if you have any reaction, you know what you reacted to, which can help you decide if that food is worth it to you going forward. If you reintroduce several food groups at once and end up feeling crappy afterward, you have no way of knowing which food group caused that, or if it's a combination of them.