Guess who's back? Back again, Schrodey's Back...

SchrodingersCat

I did NOT want to exercise today. I missed my lunch walk because Hubster had a Dr appointment, and I have a headache, and my shoulder is out and sore and I just wanted to take a rest day... so I made a playlist of my favourite clubbing songs from the late 90s/early 00s, and went out there and got my ass on the elliptical for 45 minutes. It's amazing what a good playlist can do!

Dinner is salmon and prawns in ghee and Old Bay (finally got my shipment today!!) with cucumber salad with a coconut yogurt and mint dressing, sauteed broccolini and some oven fries.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/25/2020 at 3:27 AM, SchrodingersCat said:

Another NSV I picked up today - I "trot" down the stairs now. Usually, due to vertigo, I come down them carefully, holding the banister. A while back, I fell down them when I slipped and I've been cautious ever since. Now I just jog down them without thinking about it.

Me, too, but due to arthritis, not vertigo.  The ability to walk/jog up and down stairs like a normal person is huge!  

I'm sorry - I was gone a few days and then forgot you were over here :wacko: - I hope you get moved because there is a good group in the other section, but if not, I'll keep coming back to read.  I LOVE hearing about the different foods you prepare!  

• Moderators
17 hours ago, SchrodingersCat said:

@SugarcubeOD I was wondering if it is possible to have this topic moved to the Whole30 Log section? I started it with the intention of it being Post-Whole30, but let's face it - I'm 100% on round 6 lol. All good if it can't be moved! Just thought I'd ask (I'm lonely in here LOL)

Yep, you bet, coming right up!

6 hours ago, SugarcubeOD said:

Yep, you bet, coming right up!

Thank you!! 

Thursday (Blursday, lol)

We're having some really nice weather over the next couple of days, which is a double edged sword. On one hand YAY SUN! On the other, boo not being allowed to go for a hike or a beach walk. At least I can mow the lawn on Saturday, it's way too high but it's been too wet to do it.

Slept REALLY well again last night, I love my W30 sleeps, they're the best.

Last night's dinner was as written but without the fries - my fish man gave me HUGE pieces of salmon so the chips were not needed to fill the plate. LOVED the cucumber salad - just thinly slices cucumber with a coconut yogurt, garlic, fresh mint, lemon juice and black pepper dressing. It will be such a good summer salad.

Today's food - the never ending brisket and broccolini (yesterday was brisket and brussel sprouts because I ate all the broccolini lol)

Dinner - I have a whole beef filet that I got on super sale, I'm going to rub it in something delicious and serve it thin sliced and medium rare with green peppercorn sauce and sides that are yet to be determined. I know hubster will want duck fat potatoes, for sure.

I currently don't have a grill/BBQ and I've decided I want/need one coming into the better weather. Currently browsing for one, thinking I want a Weber Q - I want something with a lid and a temp control, but that's small enough to fit on the area outside my back door. I would grill SO much - I have griddle pans for my stovetop but it smokes out the house and spits fat.

26 minutes ago, ShadowInTheKitchen said:

I love my Weber bbq, and their customer service is excellent here in Canada. 

I have the classic charcoal Weber and looooove it, which is why I'm looking at a Q - I'd rather buy a decent one and a brand I trust than go cheap and be disappointed! Plus I reckon we will get a lot of use out of it. 

Lunch changed - I had the leftover duck fat potatoes, roasted beets and sesame green beans from the other night, so I chucked them in a small skillet with some broccolini and broccoli stem, shredded some prosciutto through it, then cracked 2 eggs over and let it all cook, topped it with dukkah. YUM.

Dinner was beef tenderloin with an almond and rosemary crust, green peppercorn sauce, mashed root veggies with ghee, purple and orange roasted carrots, roasted radishes and sauteed beans.

45 mins on the elliptical in addition to a 45 min walk this afternoon.

I'm feeling ok, bit of vertigo and a bit cranky. I really hope the vertigo lets up soon. It's much improved, but still there. Might have an early night.

1 hour ago, SchrodingersCat said:

Dinner was beef tenderloin with an almond and rosemary crust, green peppercorn sauce, mashed root veggies with ghee, purple and orange roasted carrots, roasted radishes and sauteed beans.

I look forward to your forthcoming Whole 30 cookbook. This sounds tasty, colorful, and nourishing! Wow!

11 hours ago, Contessa said:

I look forward to your forthcoming Whole 30 cookbook. This sounds tasty, colorful, and nourishing! Wow!

Hubster keeps telling me I need a W30 blog or cookbook! I'm just lazy and would have to measure and track what I put in LOL. I'm such a "this smells like it would work" cook.

FRIDAY! I like Friday, even with lockdown. It's going to be a lovely weekend. I plan to garden, cross-stitch, and cook something on the Weber - maybe a spatchcocked chicken, maybe a duck. Who knows. 

Today though - also who knows, lol. I have leftover curry sauce which would be a shame to waste, I have some lamb steaks which are easy to defrost and in small packs, so maybe curried cauliflower with spiced lamb. 

Dinner - eh, I'll work it out - I do need to duck out so I might see what's on sale at the butchers.

Saturday! It's a lovely day, I'm just waiting for the sun to dry off the grass so I can mow. I was going to clear out some of my non-producers in my veggie patch today, but when I looked yesterday, my late bloomers are coming through and I have baby cauliflowers and oodles of brussel sprouts! Yay!

After mowing, I will take the dog for a big walk (might even sneak out past the 1 hour limit *GASP*. 

Then I'm going to get the Weber going and spatchcock a chicken for dinner - might even do 2, so there's leftover, though the fridge is leftover central right now - brisket (3 meals, maybe 4), lamb steak (1 meal) chicken thigh (1 meal), tenderloin and root veg mash (1 meal)... hmm, maybe I don't need that second chook after all.

It's such a lovely day, this is the first day I really wish I could have a drink, not even for the alcohol but it feels like that kind of day, so once all is taken care of, i'm going to make myself a pitcher of virgin Mojitos (no sugar) and sit in the yard in a lawn chair with a book.

PHEW!

Mowed front and back, the edger wouldn't start so I did all of the edges by hand. Walked the dog, made damper for the hubster because he had a hankering, Have a whole duck in a lemon and herb rub ready to go in the oven.

Lunch was the leftover chicken thigh with slaw (chimmichurri and mayo dressing). 

Dinner will be the duck, duck fat potatoes (of course), roasted carrots (orange and purple), the rest of the kalettes and some broccolini.

No workout today, gardening the walk was enough!

Sunday!

I realised last night that I hadn't had vertigo. It's like hiccups, you don't really notice it stop, you just realise sometime later that it's not there anymore. So we shall see if that keeps up, but day 18 appears to be the magic day!

Low-key day today, yesterday was huge for the activity, and I want to work on my cross-stitch. I'll try and get out to the elliptical for 30 minutes. 

Food will be leftovers for lunch, I have duck and fennel salad. Also ended up having some leftover lamb because that duck leg was small! Plus olives.

I really want to make sweet potato waffles (just SP and egg, I finally have a waffle maker!) but that might wait until I make burgers with waffle 'buns'... hmm. Tempting. To do that tonight, I'd have to duck out for rolls for the hubster... hmm.

Very hungry today, like not snacky, actually hungry. I had what was another meal, really - lamb steak with mashed cauliflower with tahini and harissa, and now I'm having a couple of dill pickles. No cravings for anything non-compliant, but just hungry. Maybe because I was so active yesterday.

Dinner is just pork steaks with roasted veggies - nice and simple.

So I found this Italian antipasti blend in the international aisle and it just happened to be compliant, so I got it and it's delicious! Ingredients are Olive oil, hot chili peppers, carrots, eggplant, artichoke, peppers, dried tomatoes, mushrooms, salt and vinegar. But what I love most about it is the name, check it out: 

EM.jpg

And it's Monday again. I think I note this down to remind myself. I can't believe it's almost September.

Feeling pretty flat today, not food related, just life related. 

Food will be leftovers, dinner will be whatever I haul out of the freezer, blah blah blah. All compliant because, despite being depressed, I actually don't have the urge to binge on anything and still have the desire to walk and work out. I need to go through the crisper and use up the veg which are getting a bit long in the tooth, actually. I made that damper for Hubster, so maybe I'll make a ground beef and veggie medley in a gravy type thing that he can eat on the damper and I can stuff into a pepper. Or, I have zucchini and some chicken, spinach and pinenut sausage - I could make zoodles and meatballs (spaghetti for him). That could work...

OK, so lunch was leftover almond crusted filet steak with mashed root veg and a side of kalettes. I really like them will have to keep purchasing.

Dinner will indeed be chicken spinach and pine nut meatballs in a tomato herb sauce over zoodles. I need to use up the zucchinis I bought. I need to pop out to the shop so I'll also grab some more baby spinach to add to the sauce.

30 minute walk at lunch, didn't want to do it which is why I did. I'm also going to do 30 minutes of the elliptical even though I don't want to do that either.

I didn't sleep well last night, even though my Fitibt is giving me an 83 - I went to bed late because I was crabby, slept badly because I was crabby and woke up crabby.

Morning! I think it's Tuesday. 

I slept really well last night, even my Fitbit gave me a 90 - it's my first "Excellent" lol. Didn't think I would, because I went to bed crabby again, but hey, something had to give and apparently a good night's sleep was on the cards.

Did not get on the elliptical last night, i just wasn't mentally in the zone. I'll get out there today though, plus my lunch walk with the doggo. 

Vertigo definitely seems to have faded into almost nothing, I'm at that stage where it's "is that vertigo, or am I just imagining it?" which is really nice. I'm actually glad that this time I've committed to a whole longer period, all my previous rounds have ended at 30 with a weigh in and then slowly bringing stuff back, but even though I might not have brought stuff back until day 45 or so, it was still "over" and my mental state had changed. I'd started snacking etc. I'm curious to see what a good solid longer period compliant will do.

My birthday is at the end of the month, but with the lockdown (and the fact that I generally hate my birthday because it's usually shit) I plan on largely ignoring it, though that will be the temptation for wine. I'll deal with that when it comes, it's a whole month.

A friend is sending us ice cream this week, it's part of UberEats "poor old Victoria" promo, people who don't live in lockdown can send people who do free B&Js ice cream. I'm going to thank her profusely and tuck it away for another day :)

We're coming into some really nice weather, so I'm going to try and spend more time outside, even in my own yard where I don't need to mask up. 

Food for today - leftovers again, I have brisket, meatballs, and shredded duck. I could do an Asian style slaw (if one of my cabbages is ready) with the duck, hmm.

Dinner will be decided once I go through the chest freezer :)

Lovely walk with the doggo, we went to a park we'd not been too before, with a lake. It's cool but sunny and the perfect day for it.

Lunch was leftover meatballs on shredded brussel sprouts topped with nutritional yeast, and a side of olives.

Dinner will be beef stirfry with a coconut amino, garlic, ginger and chilli sauce, eith broccoli, shredded brussels, carrots, green pepper and straw mushrooms.

Blursday!

Over it. So over it. I think I might take a day off next week. I need a time out. Though if I can hold off to the following week, I might actually be able to do something with the day rather than just be at home. 

Lunch is delicious and so pretty - Hot smoked black pepper salmon on a bed of sauteed shredded brussels, baby spinach and beetroot and ginger sauerkraut with a mayo and chimmichurri dressing.

Dinner I reckon I'm going to make burgers with hash brown buns. 

Burgers were great! I peeled potatoes this afternoon, boiled them until starting to soften, then chilled them. Shredded them with a cheese grater, mixed in egg, salt and pepper and cooked them in my new waffle iron.

Had the hash brown buns with beef patties (Italian herb blend, garlic, onion powder and pepper), beetroot kraut, prosciutto, lettuce and dijon. Delicious! Though I'm sitting here with this weird guilt that I didn't eat enough veggies. I tend to not count potatoes as my veg and this little voice is screaming that this was a 'bad' meal. It's part of my all or nothing mindset - even being compliant isn't enough some days. I could go make a bowl of broccoli just to shut it up, but it's 10pm.

Anyway. 45 on the elliptical and an almost hour walk today. 

BLURSDAY.

So the cases here have creeped back up, and there's a leaked document from the state government showing that they plan to extend our restrictions to 28 September, with a couple of tweaks (allowed to be outside for exercise for 2 hours a day instead of 1, might be able to meet up with up to two people from other households for exercise). I'm really getting to the utterly depressed stage. I KNOW other people have it much harder, I KNOW that as far as lockdowns go, I am totally privileged, I have a gilded cage, I have plentiful food, full time work, a good work set up, a home gym, no kids to worry about, a husband I genuinely like, etc etc but it's really, really getting to me. I can only imagine what it is like for people without these things. But I'm still getting very depressed, and irritable, and frustrated, and lonely. And most of my good friends are in the same boat.

Anyway.

We haven't had fish this week, but that might be tomorrow, as I have a bit on today. Lunch will be leftovers of course - I have duck there, so I might do an Asian style duck omelette with shredded brussel sprouts and the rest of my stir fry on the side, because it's mostly veggies anyway. 

Dinner - blergh. No idea. I'll have to go and stare blankly into the deep freeze for a while and hope inspiration strikes. I'll need to check out the veg situation too, I'm running my veggie crisper down - I think I've got stuff for roasted veggie medly which will use a lot of stuff up. 

Lunch was a duck, shredded brussel and spinach omelette with kimchi sauce.

Dinner is lamb koftas with a medley of roasted veggies (purple carrots, cauli, brocc, red brussels, celeriac and radishes), and garlic yogurt (coconut).

45 mins on the elliptical and a 50 minute walk with the doggo. 

I am SO FREAKING GLAD tomorrow is Friday.

Archived