Guess who's back? Back again, Schrodey's Back...

SchrodingersCat

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, if this was just a W30, I'd be done, so go me. Day 30 went out with a fizzle - not because I was non-compliant but because hubster pissed me right off so I ended up going for a long walk (would have been longer if not for curfew) and went to bed right after so the omelette was all I ate all day. Ended up at almost 20k steps, after a 1 hour walk @ lunch, 50 min elliptical and then angry walking.

I'm not going to weigh, but I'm wanting my Fitbit to be accurate so I was thinking of getting hubster (once we've made up) to note my weight while I weigh with my eyes closed, then put it into my Fitbit. I already have the weight widget deleted so I can't see my weight or how much I've lost. It would then be accurate but I wouldn't know. But I'm worried that even that would mess with my head. I might just pick a number and drop it down to that as near enough is good enough.

So, Friday. Yay. My enthusiasm levels are around those of someone facing a blocked toilet and no plunger.

No idea what I'm eating today. I have the lamb chops defrosted from last night but they may become tomorrow lunch and I'll go out for fish today. If I got to get fish, I'm going to get some marianara mix (calamari, squid, prawns, chunks of salmon) and make myself a laksa over the weekend. It's my favourite lunch and easy to make compliant, if you use zoodles or sweet potato noodles.

So yeah. Happy Day 31, me :)

Lunch is the ever present leftover - roo meatballs, a bit of seared emu, the leftover spicy slaw, and a chunk of roasted pumpkin. I bought a huge wedge of pumpkin coz it was cheap and promptly forgot about it until I found it, a little sad looking, at the back of the fridge. I cut off the gnarly bits and chunked it and roasted it - it's been really handy having prepped pumpkin in the fridge for lunches. I'll have to keep that in mind.

So, as many of you following along knows, my brain and the demon on my shoulder are very powerful and the "you finished a W30!" vibe was too strong and last night I had wine. Organic, no preservative wine, but more than 1. More than 3. Tired today and headache and honestly, I went to bed early because it wasn't fun. Didn't have anything else non-compliant and I have no urge to have more wine. TBH, I've been going longer and longer without drinking and finding that it really does me no favours when I do. 

Yesterday's food was a seafood curry laksa I'd been craving - my home version was good, not as good as my beloved takeaway but enough to scratch the itch. Then the rest of the day I didn't eat a meal, just pickles, some leftover meat and cashews. Not ideal. Th meat also may have been contaminated with non-compliant mashed potato. 

So back to compliant today: brunch is lamb chops with grilled veggies on the Weber.

Dinner is roast pork with crackling and roasted veggies, whatever we have.

Just to add to the above, today I have anxiety, and the voice which tells me that "well, you screwed that up, and you feel like shit, so you won't exercise, and you may as well just eat something else crappy and lie on the couch" is LOUD and clear today. I think I need to keep reading FFF lol. It's lovely out so doggo and I shall go for a walk. 

• Moderators

Great reading your log, especially the super fantastic food you've prepared and eaten. I hope you don't beat yourself up too much over the wine. Just keep going if that's what you want to do and what works for you. Amazing that W30 effectively treats your vertigo. MAJOR WIN!!

BLERGH!!!

In true Schrode-style yesterday was a complete fest. Hubster and I, after a couple days of fighting and ventilating built up frustrations, had finally made up and were spending a day binge watching shows on the couch, and one had a box of chocolates, so we decided we needed one. So that was great decision 1. Then I decided wine went well with chocolate, that was great decision 2. Then we (I) decided that seeing as the day was already wine and chocolate and I was going to get back on track today, then we would get takeaway because it had been so long. So queue pizza, great decision 3.

Woke up at 3am couldn't get back to sleep, sour stomach, gastric distress and a headache, brain fog and generally feeling BLERGH. I'd say lesson learned, but we all know that's a lie. But it was good to have the slack off day with hubster, I think we needed it.

So back on track for me. Not committing to another 30, my b'day is coming up, but I'm definitely going to the Food Freedom idea of eating W30 unless I consciously decide I'm not going to, and will actually make those conscious decisions instead of just stuffing my face.

Lunch:  I have some fish in the freezer, might defrost a piece of that and have it with a rocket and baby spinach salad, couple of boiled eggs

Dinner: Finally having the roast pork that should have been Saturday's dinner with roasted veg.

Oh, the other thing this morning - I did NOT let my "well, you ate a bunch of crap and have failed miserably" mindset make me weigh. I still do not want to know.

Lunch was a baby spinach, rocket, sauteed brocconini and roasted pumpkin salad with boiled eggs (there were 3 but I could only eat 2) with dukkah, and raspberry vinaigrette. Was yum. Now to stay on track for the rest of the day.

• Moderators

I wondered if the tension between you and hubs had something to do with your unceremoniously ending your W30. . . . So glad you had some downtime together! And in some ways, I'm a little envious of folks who have such clear reactions to non-compliant food. You certainly get your answers loud and clear, and can make your choices in response equally clearly. Good for you, and cheers to staying on track today!

I think the unceremonious ending of my W30 had a lot to do with the tension! It's a pretty fraught time and a lot of things bubbled over.

I'm actually really proud of just getting back on it yesterday, in recent years I seem to have been losing the ability to moderate, I'm either ON or I'm so, so OFF and going OFF has led to multi-week binges, but this weekend was a "huh, that was a blip, the wine was nice, the pizza was nice, the chocolate was decidedly average, and now I'm back at normal". Let's hope I can hang on to that.

Managed my walk and 45 on the elliptical yesterday, so no excuses there either.

Today's food:

Meal 1: Leftover roast pork and roasted cauli, brocc, fennel, carrot and parsnip with spicy apple sauce

Meal 2: BBQ chicken thighs with fennel slaw and BBQ sweet potato rounds. I'm going to get inventive with the rub for the chicken. 

Ended up with Italian herbs BBQ chicken thighs, BBQ fennel and eggplant with Kalamata tapanade, and duck fat roasted sweet potato.

I love my Weber so much.

Had to duck out and get some wine for hubster and thought really hard about some for me. Especially because I've taken tomorrow off work. But I really thought about it, and now I'd just wake up in the middle of the night with anxiety, and it would make me feel crappy tomorrow and waste my day off, so I didn't. And I'm glad I didn't. 

Day off tomorrow, I'm going to go for a long walk in the sun, do some sewing, and relax. 

Day off!

I woke up at 7am, typical LOL, laid around for a bit then was just about to get up when Hubster came back to bed coz he needed a nap (5:30am meeting) and I was going to lie there with him for a minute and get up, but we ended up having a lovely snooze (yes, SNOOZE, you pervs!) and got up at 10am.

I'm planning on the big walk with the doggo, sewing, and fish for dinner.

I have anxiety today, did yesterday too - not sure if it is the day off or whether the weekend off track undid all my good work getting rid of anxiety, ugh.

Lunch will be leftover chicken with spicy green mango salad

Dinner will be seafood of some description, I'll see what's fresh and looks good!

Went for a walk along the river today with the doggo - I intended a long walk but it was cut very short when we saw not 1 but 2 highly venomous snakes. If it was me on my own, i'd keep going, but the darling doggo is just daft enough to try and make friends, so we went back to the car via the road. This has me rethinking our daily walks, because they've been in scrub up until now. Streets, parks and paths from here on out I think!

Also did 50 minutes on the elliptical. I SO did not want to. At all. But I did it.

Dinner is Snapper fillets and scallops, with a baby spinach, rocket, radish, cucumber salad with balsamic and EVOO. Had a couple of pieces of potato too. 

Thursday!

WHY can't I sleep the way I do on weekdays on days off? I know the answer to that - I get anxious when I take days off and that actually negatively impacts the whole day off. It's stupid and counter-intuitive, but that's me. But I was sleeping so well when the alarm went off this morning.

I smoked almost a kilo of compliant bacon yesterday, I'm tempted to duck out for some cos lettuce and make myself a caesar salad for lunch. Maybe on the weekend.

Otherwise it will be tuna, egg, pickle, mayo mustard salad on cucumber boats. 

Dinner will be lamb chops on the BBQ, BBQ garlic field mushrooms and another  baby spinach, rocket, radish, cucumber salad, this one with a creamy mayo/mustard/citrus dressing. 

1 minute ago, SchrodingersCat said:

You know what gets me through? In the 90s/early 00s, I was a little party animal/clubber and I now have a playlist of all the songs I used to go off at the club to :lol: Reliving my youth!!

Such a good idea!! I save certain shows to watch on the treadmill. 

PS Your tuna salad sounds really yummy. I personally don't like tuna, but I bet it would make a really good egg salad. I need to make some more mayo and then I I think I'm gonna try it. Do you season it with anything? 

Just now, decker_bear said:

Such a good idea!! I save certain shows to watch on the treadmill. 

PS Your tuna salad sounds really yummy. I personally don't like tuna, but I bet it would make a really good egg salad. I need to make some more mayo and then I I think I'm gonna try it. Do you season it with anything? 

Nope, just the mustard, and I put salt and pepper on when I'm eating it. It's also good with shredded chicken instead of tuna (hubster doesn't like tinned tuna, so I frequently swap shredded chicken if he's going to be sharing). 

Meal 1 ended up being Garlic ghee field mushroom, eggs, bacon, baby spinach and asparagus with Egyptian dukkah.

I have been making bacon for ages, but I always forget to make compliant bacon for a round. This time I started it last round and finally got it smoked yesterday. It's so good, I'm only making compliant bacon from here on out (except my speciality flavoured bacons), so I'll always have it on hand!

So I don't get bodies. Yesterday I forced myself to get on the elliptical, managed 50 minutes by pushing myself, was about 11km, and according to Fitbit burned 594 calories. I was struggling, but I did it.

Today, I get on the elliptical, feel like I'm half-assing it, same settings as yesterday, and all of a sudden with no real effort I've been going for over an hour, 13km,  708 calories burned, no problem. I could have kept going but I needed to come in and start with dinner. I feel... fine? So weird. Maybe I've had a fitness break-through, I've been wondering if/hoping that would happen! 

Dinner is BBQ lamb chops, with BBQ zucchini, mushrooms and fennel, and kalamata tapenade.

Archived