Starting today (August 17th)

Emmaa

Good morning,

I've started this morning. This is my first Whole30. I read the book last week. Made a week plan for this week and yesterday did the grocery shopping. I did not have time to mealprep. But I do have time to cook today. And today I'll cook for several days.

I'll start a daily log. Just to keep my accountable.

You sound really prepared and proactive!  I hope you have a wonderful experience with your Whole30.  ... I mean, at least the second half.  That first week or so can be rough but it's worth it.  

I just started today, too! I’m so excited. This is my 5th one. I can tell when I’m ready for a tuneup, and now is the time.  Can’t wait for consistent energy, and the calm that settles my nervous system after taking out the sugar and chemicals. Oh and the great night’s sleep. Who knew it was all based on food.  Seems so obvious now. Hee-haw, can’t wait! Emmaa I hope you really love it - just power through the beginning and it’ll be worth it! 

Hi, I also started yesterday, I am 71 and pretty fit, but lately aches and pains everywhere, keep getting colds, digestive issues etc and although I am 71 I want my health etc to get better not worse.

i have read lots about the Whole 30 over the last week and yesterday started with

earl grey black tea and two black coffees (small) I hated the black coffee so bought some macadamia milk 

Breakfast cabbage hash browns (who knew - delicious) with one fried egg in ghee

lunch avocado hard boiled eggs and lime juice one pear

Dinner - meant to have aWhole 30 recipe butternut squash and sweet potato chilli it was SO HOT I couldn’t eat it at all!!!! So I had the two remaining cabbage hash browns

Water with a squeeze of lemon all through the day

i have not been hungry all day, but notice my back is aching a lot more today....

If I have made any mistakes please let me know that is  apart from the chilli which I have now drained and put in fresh tomatoes all for another day - I hate waste haha.

I hope this finally balances my health and weight I am not huge but have the spare tire round the middle with thin arms and legs.  Good luck Emma let me know what you are eating, and thanks to all for letting me join you. Patricia

On 8/18/2020 at 3:28 AM, CCHoff said:

I just started today, too! I’m so excited. This is my 5th one. I can tell when I’m ready for a tuneup, and now is the time.  Can’t wait for consistent energy, and the calm that settles my nervous system after taking out the sugar and chemicals. Oh and the great night’s sleep. Who knew it was all based on food.  Seems so obvious now. Hee-haw, can’t wait! Emmaa I hope you really love it - just power through the beginning and it’ll be worth it! 

Thank you!

How are you doing so far? Still on track?

On 8/19/2020 at 3:10 AM, Patricia71 said:

Hi, I also started yesterday, I am 71 and pretty fit, but lately aches and pains everywhere, keep getting colds, digestive issues etc and although I am 71 I want my health etc to get better not worse.

i have read lots about the Whole 30 over the last week and yesterday started with

earl grey black tea and two black coffees (small) I hated the black coffee so bought some macadamia milk 

Breakfast cabbage hash browns (who knew - delicious) with one fried egg in ghee

lunch avocado hard boiled eggs and lime juice one pear

Dinner - meant to have aWhole 30 recipe butternut squash and sweet potato chilli it was SO HOT I couldn’t eat it at all!!!! So I had the two remaining cabbage hash browns

Water with a squeeze of lemon all through the day

i have not been hungry all day, but notice my back is aching a lot more today....

If I have made any mistakes please let me know that is  apart from the chilli which I have now drained and put in fresh tomatoes all for another day - I hate waste haha.

I hope this finally balances my health and weight I am not huge but have the spare tire round the middle with thin arms and legs.  Good luck Emma let me know what you are eating, and thanks to all for letting me join you. Patricia

Hi Patricia,

How are you doing? Still on track? Sorry for my late response, but I had a rough and busy couple of days. You can find my daily log here.

Hi! I started yesterday. This is my first Whole 30 and I'm so excited. I am 26 and have struggled with food more severely over the last year than ever before. I am more than ready to re-acquaint myself with my body and it's relationship with food to wade through what isn't serving me (and what's holding me back).

How is your first week? Did your meals turn out well? I would like to post here as well for accountability.

I also started on August 17th. I had a very rough first week going through detox with sugar and carbs. No hunger pains though, which was amazing. I also like not counting calories.  Yesterday I felt ok and today I felt great! I had energy all day. I can't imagine doing this for 3 more weeks but now that I feel good, maybe I'll actually be able to. My whole point of doing this was because my energy felt off...I was tired all day even with good sleep and coffee. Today I only had one coffee and still had energy all day! I also wanted to kick my sugar addiction, which so far has worked as I made it one week and the cravings are already subsiding. Good luck to everyone!

How are you all doing?  I haven’t been hungry at all, but had a problem with coffee, the marvellous moderators suggested I used coconut milk in the coffee and it dealt with the problem.  My brain feels a little clearer and at the moment I ache less, oddly my eyesight has been better today, deep sleep with very vivid dreams, onwards we go, good luck all.

On 8/21/2020 at 5:52 PM, str38451 said:

Hi! I started yesterday. This is my first Whole 30 and I'm so excited. I am 26 and have struggled with food more severely over the last year than ever before. I am more than ready to re-acquaint myself with my body and it's relationship with food to wade through what isn't serving me (and what's holding me back).

How is your first week? Did your meals turn out well? I would like to post here as well for accountability.

Hpw are the first days going for you? Ihad a had time the first couple of days, but the weekend I was feeling okay (no headaches or fogginess, just really tired).

I also have a daily log that I try to update every day :D But of course you're also welcome to post in here. I'll read both.

Most of my meals urned out okay. I use the Whole30 cookbooks, but I'm struggling with American sizes (1 cup, how  much is that??). Other than that, I'm doing fine. I'm just worried that I make mistakes and not knowing it...

7 hours ago, Danyelma said:

I also started on August 17th. I had a very rough first week going through detox with sugar and carbs. No hunger pains though, which was amazing. I also like not counting calories.  Yesterday I felt ok and today I felt great! I had energy all day. I can't imagine doing this for 3 more weeks but now that I feel good, maybe I'll actually be able to. My whole point of doing this was because my energy felt off...I was tired all day even with good sleep and coffee. Today I only had one coffee and still had energy all day! I also wanted to kick my sugar addiction, which so far has worked as I made it one week and the cravings are already subsiding. Good luck to everyone!

That's also why I started (and stomach pain and joint pain).

FOr me it's also working really well so far. I had no cravings this weekend. I'm already thinking of extending it to a Whole60 ro Whole90...

1 hour ago, Patricia71 said:

How are you all doing?  I haven’t been hungry at all, but had a problem with coffee, the marvellous moderators suggested I used coconut milk in the coffee and it dealt with the problem.  My brain feels a little clearer and at the moment I ache less, oddly my eyesight has been better today, deep sleep with very vivid dreams, onwards we go, good luck all.

Good to hear you're doing good. I'm also doing well. Had a good weekend without cravings. Even went out for dinner. I am not 100% sure it was a Whole30 meal, but I did my best. Had sparkling water all night and told the kitchen I couldn't have dairy or grains. The rest of the table ordered all small bites of food. and the entire table was covered in food that I couldn't eat... And I didn't slip or found it difficult. So yay!

You all sound as though you Are doing so well, I had a problem with black coffee but a moderator suggested I used coconut milk, dealt with the problem.

the oddest thing though I have been going to yoga since I was seventeen (quite a while then, ha ha) and for the last few years have suffered terrible reflux in any downward position.  Normally, I didn’t eat breakfast, but since Whole30 I have had breakfast every day - no reflux at yoga today, in fact no reflux for 8 days.  I am feeling really positive and enjoying this way of eating, good luck to all, and stay safe with the fires in California. 

On 8/24/2020 at 4:36 AM, Emmaa said:

Hpw are the first days going for you? Ihad a had time the first couple of days, but the weekend I was feeling okay (no headaches or fogginess, just really tired).

I also have a daily log that I try to update every day :D But of course you're also welcome to post in here. I'll read both.

Most of my meals urned out okay. I use the Whole30 cookbooks, but I'm struggling with American sizes (1 cup, how  much is that??). Other than that, I'm doing fine. I'm just worried that I make mistakes and not knowing it...

It has not been easy, I won't lie! I am, however, pleasantly surprised by my resolve. The headaches and fatigue are still occurring, but I'm hopeful to be on the last few days of that. I also worry about making mistakes and not even knowing it!

I'm looking forward to checking out your daily log. So far I have made a few Whole30 recipes and picked up several Whole30 approved frozen meals for work along with signing up for kickboxing 4-5 days per week.

American sizes are not as intuitive as mLs! Where are you from? :)

Hi, glad everyone is doing well, hang in there, to be honest I am loving the food, my aches and pains are reducing and no acid reflux at all - after years of it.  Had a recipe last night the recipe chicken fajita baked by simple and good was delicious and I ate the leftovers for meal 2 (my goodness I am complying with the lingo haha).  Sleeping well, less anxious - all good, have a lovely day everyone x

On 8/25/2020 at 5:51 PM, str38451 said:

It has not been easy, I won't lie! I am, however, pleasantly surprised by my resolve. The headaches and fatigue are still occurring, but I'm hopeful to be on the last few days of that. I also worry about making mistakes and not even knowing it!

I'm looking forward to checking out your daily log. So far I have made a few Whole30 recipes and picked up several Whole30 approved frozen meals for work along with signing up for kickboxing 4-5 days per week.

American sizes are not as intuitive as mLs! Where are you from? :)

How are you doing? Are you already feeling better?

I'm from Amsterdam. I really like mls en grams ;)

How is everyone doing? I'm feeling pretty good. One moment better than other moments. especially the afternoon is hard. But I have a lot of NSVs. The biggest NSV: my asthma is getting better.

I've had a busy week last week. But I have a couple of go to meals. My favorite is sweet potato with vegetables (green beens, bell pepper, broccoli) and salmon or shrimps. And I always have meatballs in the fridge for snack. I even made salmon balls last week. For salmon balls I used a can of salmon and just all the things I used for chicken meat balls.

This week I am going to experiment with egg wraps (because pancakes are not allowed ;) ) I'm going to bake agg with coconutmilk in a pancake pan. And I will first try it with smoked salmon. and add bell pepper and tomatoes.

On 8/31/2020 at 5:58 AM, Emmaa said:

How are you doing? Are you already feeling better?

I'm from Amsterdam. I really like mls en grams ;)

I am doing great! I'm on day 14. The fatigue and headaches are completely gone, IBS has markedly improved, and I do have an overall sense of well-being and feeling of being content with life. How are you feeling? You're over halfway!

• 5 months later...
On 17/8/2020 at 3:51, Emmaa said:

Buenos días,

Empecé esta mañana. Este es mi primer Whole30. Leí el libro la semana pasada. Hice un plan semanal para esta semana y ayer hice las compras. No tuve tiempo de preparar la comida. Pero hoy tengo tiempo para cocinar. Y hoy cocinaré varios días.

Comenzaré un registro diario. Solo para mantener mi responsabilidad.

Hi, hope your cooking goes well, i'm also ready to start to eat good food. Hope this year gest better for me, i had been eating very bad!

Good luck Emma!!

Archived