Are Isagenix protein shakes Whole30 approved?

dlmanimal

Before I started on Whole30, I was drinking Isagenix protein shakes for lunch.  I don't know if anyone knows about Isagenix or not but I am wondering if the shakes are Whole30 compliant or not.   I've looked at the ingredients but I'm not sure.  I have a Whole30 app on my phone that I can use to scan barcodes and it will tell me if the food is Whole30 compliant or not and if not, it will tell me what ingredient(s) are not compliant.  I scanned my Isagenix protein container and it said Approved and then not found. 

• Moderators

I sincerely doubt that they are compatible with the program... at the least there is probably some type of sweetner in there.

Also, just as a heads-up, there are no Whole30 apps so altho it might seem handy, you're better off using the Whole30 downloads and reading labels on the items you're looking at.

Aside from an epic list of ingredients which includes sweeteners, among others, the base of the Isogenix shakes is whey which is not compliant.

Delete the app. There are no official W30 apps, and the ones that claim to be are notoriously wrong, resulting in people using them often eating non-compliant things because the app says it is ok (i.e. these shakes!) and also, it completely undermines the idea of learning about what's in your food and getting to know ingredients.

• 5 months later...

Hi! I'm preparing to start the whole30 diet soon. I was interested in finding an app, but I searched this forum, so it is good to know there are no official approved apps. However, I did find the app "Real Plans" online. Is this an official collaboration? The only downside of the app is that you have to pay monthly. I am interested in a free version where I can just find list of foods or a barcode scanner to see if foods are whole30 compliant. Are there any free apps out there like this that are accurate? Also, is there any place I can find official whole30 approved condiments/products? Thank you all so much in advance!

• Moderators

1 hour ago, Kalaj Flame said:

Hi! I'm preparing to start the whole30 diet soon. I was interested in finding an app, but I searched this forum, so it is good to know there are no official approved apps. However, I did find the app "Real Plans" online. Is this an official collaboration? The only downside of the app is that you have to pay monthly. I am interested in a free version where I can just find list of foods or a barcode scanner to see if foods are whole30 compliant. Are there any free apps out there like this that are accurate? Also, is there any place I can find official whole30 approved condiments/products? Thank you all so much in advance!

Hey there.  Real Plans is an independent company that has a Whole30 compatible option to select from.  It's not part of the Whole30 company. 

There is no Whole30 free or paid app that is endorsed by Whole30 because we prefer you learn how to read labels and identify ingredients and their sometimes sneaky names.  

Here's our list of all the Whole30 Approved products and services that are divided by category, including condiments :)

https://whole30.com/whole30-approved/

• Moderators

@Kalaj Flameyes, the Real Plans app/website is in some sense official, in that they've worked with Whole30 to develop recipes that meet Whole30 guidelines. It is still not owned or operated by Whole30, it is a completely separate entity that has non-Whole30 options as well as Whole30 compatible options, so if you do decide to use it, be sure you only look at the Whole30 options while you're doing Whole30.

RealPlans is not the kind of app that scans barcodes and tells you if a product is Whole30 compatible, and there are no official Whole30 apps that do that. RealPlans is a meal planning app that helps you plan out meals and make grocery lists. 

Archived