Laura's Whole30 8/28/20

laurasuzanne

Day 1

Hi.. wish me luck to keep up these posts.

Today is day 1. I've done several Whole30's in the past, I would guess 3 successfully, maybe 4. I love the structure. I love the black and white. I need that. I need an easy no. Food Freedom sounds amazing, but I still struggle and each Whole30 helps me understand my strengths and weaknesses better. 

I'm mostly back at this because I want to be in control again. Whole30's give me control. 

I decided I was going to start this round when I ran out of my meal prepped breakfasts that had cheese in them. They ran out yesterday and I last night late I meal-prepped some compliant mini-quiches to ensure I started off well. But, otherwise I haven't prepared that well for this round.

I have done one Whole30 since my boyfriend and I have been together and he was supportive. Now we live together and I will face my first Whole30 with someone else's food in the house. At this point I'm only loosely concerned about this, but there it is. Again, I like the black and white of the Whole30 program and I'm a rule-follower. I struggle normally staying away from his chips and bread and snacks, but I do think through a Whole30 I may miss it seeing it there, but seeing it won't be followed by an internal negotiation with myself and my ability to portion control. We just moved in together, so I thought starting out with a Whole30 would help me set a tone mentally for how I need to manage my nutrition in this environment. Overall I do a really bad job with eating when I socialize. I need to work on that. 

Thanks for listening. Here's to the next 30 days!

Laura

Starting weight 181.2lbs

Yay - another lover of the structure of W30!  I think I'm on my 7th round - I started journaling in this forum for my 6th round (started in June), didn't really finish it and piddled around before recommitting again this week.  Journaling has been the most helpful activity I have engaged in to help me with working toward Food Freedom (no where near there, yet).  

So welcome!  It makes so much sense what you said about setting the tone as you transition into a new stage.  I hope today is successful and that you continue to journal here through the next 29.  

Day 2 finishing up. Something I never thought about until this Whole30 is to start on the weekend. We have such a mindset to start on Monday or the 1st of the month. I started on a Friday. I work M-F. Weekends I’m usually pretty busy (I love to do lists). I think I do better with eating during the day on weekends because I’m busy. NIghtime is different because socialization can be hard. But, today was awesome. Cleaning, dog baths, errands, laundry, I didn’t have time to think about be deprived or hungry. 

My NSV’s for the day were socialization. Today was a family community day in my subdivision. I considered not going because I knew there would be food trucks and temptation. And why go if you couldn’t drink? But, I wanted to support my community and went anyway. I had fun. I saw some neighbors and met some more. And the food trucks weren’t tempting because I knew it was a no, so I didn’t even go near them.

I also went to a bonfire at a friend’s people had food, there were s’mores, and alcohol. I brought a sparkling water and was perfectly content chatting with everyone. I’m often prone to going on a socializing hiatus during a Whole30 and I don’t want to be that way. I need to learn to have fun without alcohol.

Overall it was a good day. I did have a 4th meal. Maybe I misread hunger cues or maybe I didn’t have enough fat in my meals. 

I am going through the Whole30 Day by Day book. My last round I did as well and it is so helpful. I want to pay more attention to how I feel this time. I think I did sleep well last night and I’m sure it wasn’t because of the cleaned up diet yet. I think it was a mindset. I’m feeling good about prioritizing myself and my health. I want to sleep better, and improve my confidence. I felt like I stood different today, not that anyone knows what I’m doing, but I do and I’m worth this effort. I’m sure it will get harder, but right now today I am feeling good.

Good night. :)

Laura 

Well, it's the morning of Day 4. Day 3 was fine, I was just exhausted and went to bed very very early. It could have been due to detoxing or I just had a tiring day and needed a nap. I ate compliant yesterday, but I'm certain I overate. One of my goals from the Day by Day book was to be more mindful when I ate and I did not hit that goal. I went to Chipotle for lunch and ate my entire salad although I'm sure I was satisfied well before bowl scraping. For dinner I had some ground beef, avocado, and saute'd vegetables. I was stuffed when that was done. I also had some frozen fruit. 

I was out and about doing errands and did get pretty hungry before my lunch. I knew I would not slip, but it was still distracting. 

I slept good last night, though. That's my favorite aspect of the Whole30, I feel like it gets my sleep back in check. It probably helps that we're approaching fall and the nights are getting longer. I get the winter blues most years and I intend to fight that this year by fueling my body in a good way and having a fitness routine.

NSV, but not really correlated to the Whole30, I bought spin shoes yesterday! I started a spin class a couple months ago and I really like it. I have wanted spin shoes, but they're expensive and I told myself I needed to prove I'll go to class before I could drop that kind of money on it (if spending money on fitness equipment made you fit I'd be on the Sports Illustrated cover). I've been searching the Facebook marketplace for a pair and found one near me. They fit and look almost brand new. I got a great deal and I'm very excited for spin class tonight!

Today will be my first workout since starting. Right now I feel good. I've had a few light headed moments, so I'll probably have some broth this afternoon to make sure I'm getting enough sodium. This listening to my body thing is neat!

Happy Monday, all!

Laura

2 hours ago, laurasuzanne said:

I slept good last night, though. That's my favorite aspect of the Whole30, I feel like it gets my sleep back in check. It probably helps that we're approaching fall and the nights are getting longer. I get the winter blues most years and I intend to fight that this year by fueling my body in a good way and having a fitness routine.

This happens to me, too, the improved sleep on Whole30 and the winter blues.  

Have fun in spin class tonight with your new shoes!  

Wow... I've done several Whole30s and made it further than 5 days in quite a few more and I must say I'm on schedule on this one more than normal. This is the 2nd Whole30 I've done with using the Day by Day journal. My exhausted day hit right on schedule (I actually didn't even read the stuff until the next day I was so tired). 

Now... I'm in KILL ALL THINGS. I'm a crankypants today, folks. I could sit here and vent and bitch and moan, but that doesn't help. I did it already to my boyfriend and he was his typical supportive self (annoying, right?). But, I'm still just frustrated with life right now. Work, home, all of it. I don't really think it's due to the W30, this is normally a busy time of year for my job, but I doubt it's helping. 

Let's count the smallest wins. I have a pre-workout snack in the fridge. It is 3:15pm. My workout is at 6:15, so this is way too early for it. I opened the work fridge to visit my friend and then closed it. I guess I'll have tea. Meh. 

Crankypants out...

L

5 days in! Yesterday was the first day I didn't have any fruit. I told myself at the start of this W30 I wanted to avoid nuts and fruit. I have avoided nuts. 

Several months ago I did a 30 days of crock pot meal cookup that are W30 compliant. I figured if I was going to do a cookup I should make the meals healthy. They have helped a lot these first 5 days. I had Mexican Beef and Carrots and I just made Turkey Chili last night. It helps supplement the work of cooking through this. 

Stress has been bad lately and it definitely makes me pout a bit about this program. I haven't slipped or used food for comfort, but I need to re-allocation that stress-reward mindset. Typically I'm a stress trigger - eat reward person. Now I'm doing a stress trigger - deprivation reward. Not really a long-term solution. Does anyone have good stress trigger responses? Something I can do at work (my biggest trigger place). I like the idea of stepping aside and meditating or yoga. There's a large file closet I think I could go into and lock the door. Maybe I should try that today, even without a trigger. Take 10 minutes twice a day to go do a stretch or yoga move.

I think overall myself (and many others) struggle with rewarding and celebrating without using food or alcohol. It's how I show love to people, I make them food or something to eat that I love and want them to experience it as well. Now, I do also do these gifts with healthy recipes, but the most delightful ones are not healthy. Any ideas on celebration/reward ideas? 

Oh, and for those interested, my first spin class with my new spin shoes I had the highest calorie burn I've ever done! Definitely made buying the shoes worth it!

Thanks for listening,

L

Day 7, one week. So far this has probably been the easiest first week I've had. But, I've done almost no socializing which is my hardest W30 (and any healthy lifestyle) management. Tomorrow, the weekend hits and I'll have a lot more temptation. I know I'll manage and won't quit, I just worry I'll be crabby or focus on the can'ts vs the cans. 

One of my favorite aspects of W30's is the salt! I heavily salt my food, and the processed junk has so much salt in them already that you can barely taste. I only notice it an hour after eating Mexican food when my heart is racing. When I'm eating clean I'm able to see the salt I generously put on my food and it tastes wonderful.

NSV from yesterday, I touched my toes! Straight leg, feet together, touched...the...floor! I have gotten more physically active over the last 6 or so years, but flexibility has never been something I've put much effort into and I know I should. Last night, after the gym, I felt limber and decided to try it. I was amazed! It made me so much happier than I thought it would. I took pictures of myself doing it and sent it to a couple friends. They probably thought I was weird or that it's a normal thing to be capable of. 

I have kept to my gym routine this week and I'm considering adding a workout in tomorrow evening or over the weekend. I go 4 times/week and the weekends I have a lot of errands to run, which keep me active. I'm trying to give myself grace and not push it to the limits. Plus, my boyfriend is in town for the first time in two weeks (he's in the process of selling his house 250 miles away to move in with me). I'm torn between specifically not wanting to drop everything to spend time with him when he's here to wanting to drop everything because he's here. He is always supportive of me going to the gym and since Friday's are not my traditional gym night it's not like I'm skipping my schedule for him. It's a new hip hop dance class and I kind of want to just laugh at myself because dance classes of any kind are typically a calamity for this uncoordinated gal.

I do feel lighter. I feel my skin is getting clearer. Maybe I'm sleeping better, but getting up is still hard. 

Everyone have a good day! Be healthy!

Laura

You've had such an awesome week, and such cool NSVs already!  Whether or not you decide to go to the gym or spend time with your bf tonight the important thing to keep in mind is that you are making the best choices for your health, whether it be your physical, mental, or emotional health.  Sometimes we need to hang out with loved ones, sometimes we need to go to the gym.  And the salt.....so true!  

Sounds like you're killing it!! Keep it up! I loooove :wub: getting new running shoes. So motivating! 

With the stress eating - I feel you! I can't tell you how many times I baked a batch of cookies after someone pissed me off. :D Not the healthiest response. If it's just general stress, try listening to Marconi Union - Weightless. It's on YouTube, Spotify, all of them. It's under 10 minutes and was designed by neuroscientists and has been proven to reduce stress and anxiety by listening to it. If that's not feasible, there's a technique I learned in college called "Be In the Moment." You close your eyes and go from feet to head just feeling and being aware of everything. You'll feel the socks and shoes on your feet, you feel the pants or skirt on your legs, you feel the chair holding you up, you feel the air on your face, etc. It's a very effective grounding technique and will get you in a good spot. 

If it's a specific incident or person stressing you out, write & burn techniques are helpful (wish I'd done this instead of baking cookies, LOL). Get a blank piece of paper - or even a blank word processing screen - and just write. Write all the things in your head. Swear, scream, whatever you need to do. Keep going until you're done (you'll know when you're done ;)). Paper is the best because then you tear it up into little bitty pieces and throw it away. If it's word processing doc, be very dramatic about highlighting all the text and deleting. The idea is that it gets the feelings out of your head into a tangible form that you can destroy, quite literally getting those feelings and energies out of your body. 

Good luck! :wub::wub::wub:

Thanks for the ideas, decker! I have heard of the body mindfulness in regards to falling asleep, but that's great advice for stress management. I'm intrigued to try that. 

Today is Day 8. I am approaching my first weekend with socialization. I have a hefty to do list, so I think staying busy and not thinking about snacking shouldn't be a problem. 

This morning when I was getting ready for work I grabbed my last meal-prepped meal (turkey chili). I opened the freezer and there was 1 bag of frozen veggies left. I got nervous. I have nothing prepared for dinner. I'll come home hungry, my boyfriend will be here, and we will not have dinner planned and may go out or I have to make dinner while hungry. Then I remembered my crock pot meals and that I have a freezer full of meat. I zipped out to the garage and 2 minutes later had plenty of food thawing in the fridge. Yes, I will have to make dinner tonight hungry, but it wasn't the tragedy my 6:30am self tried to make it. It was honestly a bit funny because I'm not normally a dramatic person and I swear my brain blew it up for a moment in an attempt to get me to go out to dinner. I miss restaurants and I know I can do W30 dining out, but my go-to is Chipotle and the nearest one is 45 minutes away. I was already getting my mind set on it and how I was going to tell my boyfriend after 4 hours driving we should go spend another 45 minutes for fast food. Hahaha. 

Tomorrow will definitely require a grocery trip for more veggies. Tomorrow night we'll have kabobs for dinner. It absolutely baffles me each time I make them out unbelievably good meat and veggies taste off the grill and how healthy it is. 

I'm in a good mood overall, which is great! Have a great weekend, everyone!

Laura

Day 12! I had to go to the calendar to check. I'm feeling pretty good. This weekend I probably ate bigger portions than I should have, but stayed compliant. I managed socializing with friends and having a dinner out with my boyfriend. He was very supportive and let me pick the restaurant to align with my food choices. He typically makes breakfast in the mornings and today he made a point to confirm with me what I can't have. 

In the end I didn't go to the gym on Friday like I was toying with. I last minute decided to take the afternoon off work to get errands done. I did go to the gym Sunday morning unexpectedly as my workout group decided to come in together for a fun workout Sunday morning. 

A disappointment I have right now is acne clearing. I usually can peg how clean I am eating with how much body acne I have. Typically when I eat clean, it clears up fast. But, for the past year it has just been awful. I'm 12 days in to a Whole30 and I see zero improvement on my back. My face is clear, but my back and chest are not. I go to the gym most evenings after work and I need to get straight to the shower when I get home. I think that's part of it. I typically get home and do things around the house before showering. I need to track it and get myself 10 days in a row of showering right after a sweat and see if things improve.

Happy Tuesday, everyone!
Laura

3 hours ago, laurasuzanne said:

Day 12! I had to go to the calendar to check. I'm feeling pretty good. This weekend I probably ate bigger portions than I should have, but stayed compliant. I managed socializing with friends and having a dinner out with my boyfriend. He was very supportive and let me pick the restaurant to align with my food choices. He typically makes breakfast in the mornings and today he made a point to confirm with me what I can't have. 

Great job! If you're hungry, you're hungry, I wouldn't sweat the portion sizes if you're eating it and sticking to the template. Nice job socializing and staying compliant - that's not easy! 

Day 13.

Not much exciting to report. I'm trying to pay attention to myself through this W30, but I'm probably not doing the best job. Overall it hasn't been extremely difficult because I eat kind of close with slips normally. I'm just removing the slips. I haven't tried any new recipes. I will make a point to do that this weekend. I don't really think I'm sleeping any better, which was really a big part of me wanting to do this. Now, I probably do have better energy throughout the day, but I'm not jumping out of bed at 5am with tiger blood energy. It's still hard to wake up in the mornings. 

I officially made a 2nd batch of mini quiches for my breakfasts. Initially I made about 10 days worth and I was thinking by then I'd be sick of it. It's what I usually have for breakfast non-W30, but it has cheeses in it. Now it's heavy veggie and not as good. But, adequate and easy in the mornings. I'll keep that going. I don't think banana pancakes are SWYPO, but maybe that's because I'm not making stacks of them for a family with a risk to overeat. When I buy bananas, I buy 1 or 2 and so that's the intended meal. It doesn't spark cravings. 

Tonight is spin class. I'm usually really beat after class, but I'd like to either go in early and do some weight lifting or stay after class and do some moves. I'm not going to go overboard and be at the gym for 2 hours, just a few extra lifts to work on form. My energy at the gym has been good. It is one of my favorite parts of the day. 

Lunch today is leftover kabobs. Dinner will be ground beef with a side of roasted veggies.

Day 14... I haven't looked at my Day-by-Day book in a while. Kind of sad. I was excited about it because I loved it the first W30 I used. I think I'm just being lazy about it. Or I'm able to do this W30 without it consuming my life like I normally do. I am loving not counting calories. I do feel lighter. Yesterday was a long, stressful day and I had to work late. I made it to my spin class right at the start vs getting there early. I didn't have time to eat any kind of PWO meal, so I was starving through the whole thing and I think my performance slacked. But, I was there!

I have been eating frozen fruit with dinner. I don't think that after dinner sweet is doing me any favors. I am working on stopping that. The extra fiber is nice for regularity, though.

Day 15, halfway! I think the official W30 September starts on Monday. I keep telling myself I should jump on that bandwagon and ride this out. I honestly think I can't handle not weighing myself for 45 days. I just can't. Yesterday I felt bloated and heavy. I went to the gym and the workout was weights related. I have been trying to do pre-workout meals in alignment with the book. PWO of protein and fat, post workout of more carb focused meals. I definitely don't get the post workout in me as fast as they recommend, but whatever. Last night I had someone stop by right as I got home and ended up not eating dinner until after 9pm (usually my bedtime). I know you shouldn't eat that close to bed, but I thought I'd sleep poorly if I didn't have something in me. 

Today I had the same breakfast I have been having and I am starving right now. Stomach growling and everything. I'm one that doesn't want to eat lunch before 11am, so I'm waiting that out (about 10 mins away). This whole week I have had the same meal and it has satisfied me well into lunchtime. Maybe I'm not drinking enough water this AM.

This weekend I don't have any socializing planned, so staying on track won't be difficult. That's probably the reason I'd like to continue further than 30 days, to test my willpower better. Socializing and eating healthy is the hardest thing for me. I lost a lot of weight in the past 7 years (140lbs) and some people assume I had WLS, which I didn't. I just struggle to not call socializing a special event and eat poorly, so they don't see my healthy lifestyle. I'm definitely not like I was as far as bad eating habits, but I slip. I don't like painting the picture that the way I behave socializing makes for success. It doesn't. Don't think I did all this while still eating crappy like I am. You don't see the other 29 days of the month where I eat very healthy, a calorie deficit, and exercise. Don't think for a bit that you can out-exercise how I'm eating today. That's probably true for many people that lose weight. It's the commitment people don't see that got them there. 

Now I'm rambling thoughts. Enjoy your weekend, everyone.

Day 18.

NSV. I do think my body acne is getting better. It's not gone, but it does seem to be getting better. Yesterday I meal-prepped for the week. I found an awesome hack recipe for Popeye's Blackened Chicken seasoning and I am in love. It is amazing what a difference it makes when I have the fridge full of foods I'm excited to eat vs feeling like I'm sacrificing to eat at home. I actually had an errand to run in town yesterday and my immediate thought was to go out for my dinner. Then, I remembered I had tons of exciting foods at home I wanted way more than anything I could get at a restaurant. I honestly went a little overboard with my meal-prepping. I think I have 20 meals ready to go. I enjoy cooking and trying new recipes so I didn't even notice how far I went until I ran out of tupperware containers. 

I'm still not sleeping great. I'm considering staying on the W30 with the other September team and cutting out caffeine for a while. I know that's part of my issue. That and watching TV to fall asleep. I need to improve my bedtime routine. 

Thank you all for the encouragement!

Laura

• Moderators

Cheers to fabulous food prep and avoiding takout--hooray!! And reduced body acne and new sleep hygiene goals. You're rocking this, Lady, and your journey is an inspiration to me as you're four days ahead of me on this round ;) . I'm working on food prep and better sleep this week, too. Happy to cheer you on!

Thanks, LadyM! You got this!

Day 19...not much to report. I definitely fell flat last night on attempting a better end of day routine. I had a nice shower after the gym and my intention to slow down didn't happen. I worked on things on the computer and come 10:15pm I was scrolling through my phone in bed! Grrr... That's on me. I got home around 7:30 and told myself "9pm, electronics off." At 8:45 I saw a clock and thought, "meh, not today." I can remember back to an earlier W30 and sleeping better. I probably wasn't as tech-connected as I am now and it's honestly a different kind of habit/addiction. I need to view W30's more than just nutrition, but lifestyle. Working towards being the person I want to be. It's a work in progress. I want the tigerblood and I think there's aspects of my day it's there, but I'm a sloth to get out of bed in the morning. I absolutely know in the past W30's have helped me wake up more refreshed, not a slave to the snooze. I have 11 days left to work on this. I truthfully think I don't want to stop until I have better nighttime habits. Acne and sleep are my TOP goals in a W30. I don't want to let myself down or worse, lie to myself and say the W30 doesn't improve my sleep anymore like it once did. No, this is a bad habit like smoking or drinking I need to manage. I need to live in the moment. I need to prioritize myself. 

We got this, LadyM. Better sleep, this week!

Laura

On 9/14/2020 at 9:40 AM, laurasuzanne said:

Popeye's Blackened Chicken seasoning

Ooooh, this sounds good, could you post the link?

Sleep is a big problem for me too, or more specifically staying asleep.  I have a vivid memory from my first Whole 30, I woke in the morning after a full night's sleep, my eyes opened in the morning and I was awake! Not groggy, just fully awake and ready to get out of bed right away.  What a wonderful feeling that was.  I haven't been able to recreate it since, and that was a year ago.  But it is a goal for me, as it is for you.  I know it's doable, I just need to figure out the right combination again.  I don't think the insomnia is caused entirely by poor eating habits, but I do think that having wholesome eating habits is a part of the solution. I have been getting out of bed at a decent time, before 7am most mornings as long as insomnia doesn't strike for hours in the night, and that has been a goal that I set for myself while on Whole30 and attained entirely through healthy eating and ramping up my exercise habits.  You're over the halfway hump and coming soon into the home stretch.  Keep doing what you're doing, eating well and exercising lots.  Maybe switch to an old fashioned book rather than your phone before bed.  You've noticed an improvement in the acne, give your body time to work through these major changes and the sleep will improve.  

Day 20.

Shadow, I'll find the recipe tonight. It's so easy to find a copycat recipe and then never find it again. I just tried googling it and, yep, I can't find the original. But, I did write it all down at home with one change I thought it needed. I'm glad I found the one I did because when I searched it right now they were all way too complicated. The one I found was very simple. I actually made a jar up of it to have on hand in the future. I do recommend if you try it to mash your tenders a bit with a meat hammer. I think it would turn out more like Popeye's texture that way. I just did a minute pan fry on each side and then baked in the oven for 20 mins. They were very thick and juicy, but I actually wanted that thinner chicken strip style and being thinner might do the trick.

My attempt to sleep better last night did not go as planned. I had forgotten I had an online movie night with friends that started at 9pm. They're in a different timezone, so it's not like I could have done earlier. Good or bad, I did intentionally not care about staying up for the full movie and fell asleep by 10pm, probably. It was still a bear to wake up this morning. Shadow, like you said, I want that wake up bright eyed and ready to get out of bed. Instead I loathe waking up. I'm fine about 10 minutes after I'm out of bed, but my brain can be a manipulative jerk in those snooze moments. I can convince myself that there's enough time, that my work day isn't important enough to do my full hair/makeup routine, I can eat my breakfast in the car, and the biggest lie... today the dog's will go outside to potty and eat super fast. Nope, none of that works out and I end up rushing, panicking, and arriving to work later than I wanted to. Not late, but later. I'm the type that likes to get there extra early and even being 10 minutes early feels late, to me.

Tonight is a later night for me. I know I won't make it home until after 9pm, but I'm not going to stress about it. It might work better because I won't set myself up with home tasks. I'll get home, shower and go to bed. 

Oh... I did forget my lunch today, which is stressing me. I think I can stay compliant with the local restaurant (I work in a small town). But, I'm scared about the calories. I have spin class tonight and that is a calorie burner. I don't want to be under-fed going into it. I have compliant salad dressing here at work, so I intend to get a salad with no dressing and douse it in dressing to ensure I get my calories. I'm feeling better already about this just by writing it down. Thanks for listening, everyone! I feel I haven't had much scary stuff to navigate this W30, so I'm not necessarily flexing my willpower muscle. Or making this a permanent lifestyle. This hiccup is probably good for me. I need to make this sustainable. Or give myself the confidence that it is sustainable.

Thanks, everyone.
Laura

• Moderators
21 hours ago, laurasuzanne said:

This hiccup is probably good for me. I need to make this sustainable. Or give myself the confidence that it is sustainable.

I'm rooting for you! Sounds like you have a good plan--and if it turns out you get hungry in a few hours, you can adapt. It's good to learn how adaptable we can be, right? ;)

I had a good night's sleep last night--as in, my head hit the pillow and my next moment of consciousness was the alarm going off. YAHOOOO! Day 17 today for me. I'm going to post about it on my log. Thanks for rooting for me. I hope it comes for you toooooooooooo.

LadyM, that sleep is awesome! Falling asleep fast is so unfamiliar to me. My partner is snoring within 3 minutes and it's crazy to me. 

Lunch yesterday was not a catastrophe. I ordered a simple grilled chicken salad and I had compliant dressing at work. I used all of it. I also got a bag of almonds. Nuts are something I was going to avoid this entire W30 because I find I abuse them. I did end up having a handful in the late afternoon, but I stopped at one handful.

Today I did remember my lunch! I also packed tomorrow's lunch while I was at it, so I'm good for the balance of the week.

Today is Day 21. It's funny, this W30 hasn't really been like other ones and hasn't been extremely hard. I've prepped well with foods I really like and I haven't had many socialization challenges. But, like ALL W30's I do, I'm approaching then end and the scariest part... reintroduction. I have done many W30's and zero proper re-introductions. I'm starting to think things like, "In 10 days I could have diet soda. In 10 days I could have alcohol." Like always, I want to add back the items that I am certain are bad for me vs items I need to truly see if they impact me poorly. There's a can of Diet Pepsi in my fridge that just stares at me every day. 

My next mental game is to flush out my reintroduction plan. I think for quality of life I'd like to add back dairy first. I also think I'd like to spend a week in each category and treat each week as a W30 plus. So, week 1, add dairy only. Week 2 remove dairy, add grains.. etc. Overall I don't eat the other items with much regularity. My slips are more along the lines of eating off-plan in a restaurant occasionally or just straight up over-eating in my normal life. My favorite order-in lunch for work is an Asian Chicken Salad that has those crunchy noodles and a soysauce type dressing that is heavenly. From my experience being a scale addict, it bloats me real bad. Does that mean it's really bad for me, or is just high in sodium? 

Do you all get the fear near the end of a W30? 

Laura

Archived