Does this seem right?

jabisk

I am sure this has been asked a million times but I want to make sure that I have pre and post workout "meals" figured out. I am hoping to workout tomorrow for the first time since starting Whole30. I feel like I have my meals figured out pretty well at this point, so don't want to throw anything off by adding meals if I don't need to.

On strength training days, I usually lift heavy (for me) for 30-45minutes. The plan is to do that four days a week and will do cardio/yoga a couple days if possible but not so worried about those days. I will be working out between 4:00 pm and 5:00 pm with dinner following between 6:30 and 7:00.

I'm 39, 5'5" and starting weight was 122 lbs. My plan was to eat 1-2 hard boiled eggs and 1/4 avocado before workout and 1/2 serving of chicken or tuna post workout. Does that seem right? Any other suggestions for meals?

I have never paid attention to pre and post workout nutrition so any help would be appreciated!

Thanks for the feedback.

I ate a small lunch because I was in a hurry so Iwas hungry mid-afternoon and knew I would need something before lifting. I ate a hard boiled egg and a small handful of pistachios pre- workout. Post-workout I had a serving of chicken and a banana. I am happy with the protein I chose but not so much the nuts and banana. I will keep playing around until I figure out what works.

What I am still trying to figure out is, why it's bad to have carbs pre-work out? I usually have a banana & a boiled egg or 1/2 an avocado about an hour before. Why should I ditch the banana?

I do crossfit, usually 5 days a week

Archived