Start 9/6

Tyler Kl

Hi Tyler! Welcome :D Good luck on your W30. You've picked a great time - lots of people are on-board for the September W30!

My biggest tips are:

• Read the ingredients before you eat it. Read them even if you can't imagine them having something non-compliant. Read them even if you've bought that product before. Read them even if your best friend told you its compliant. Read them even if you read them when you bought it and it's been sitting in the cupboard. Even read them if there is a Whole30 logo on the bottle - mistakes have been made. It is far better to read everything over and over, than face a restart because you didn't! 
  • Keep a food/feelings journal - the section on this forum is great for it. I have done 6 rounds (I have some pretty wacky intolerances I'm working out) and being able to go back and see what I ate and how I felt on various days (both emotionally and physically) is so so helpful, and can really get you through a slump if you think nothing's happening.
  • Stalk other people's W30 logs! There's inspiration, answers and great solidarity :)
  • Get as creative as you want to be, BUT don't feel like you HAVE to! Simple gets the job done too! 
  • Don't get overwhelmed by the substitute products or feel you need to spend a fortune to prep up. At it's heart, W30 is whole foods. The compliant products are window dressing, and you can use them as much or as little as you want.
  • If you're a FB user - find and join a few W30 groups - there are great ones out there and they're a fantastic resource for support and answers (and you generally get answers/interaction pretty quick). 

Good luck! And enjoy yourself!

Welcome! Shrody is a pro :wub: 

Here's my tip: 

If you live with others, designate a shelf that is just for compliant foods (or just for non-compliant foods, whatever works better with your space). From a psychological standpoint, it can help to have that clear barrier. Also, get colored stickers - put green stickers on those that are a go for your W30, and red stickers for things that are off-limits. Put yellow stickers on things that are technically compliant but that you want to limit - for me, those are items like almond butter and nuts, as I can very easily make those items Food Without Breaks. Having a visual reminder can really help solidify what you should and should not be putting on your plate during your W30. 

Good luck! I am excited to follow your journey! 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/3/2020 at 7:34 PM, SchrodingersCat said:

Don't get overwhelmed by the substitute products or feel you need to spend a fortune to prep up. At it's heart, W30 is whole foods. The compliant products are window dressing, and you can use them as much or as little as you want.

I love this because I am an over-planner. KISS. I really need to take this to heart. Thanks. I put your post in a link under my Encouragement topic where I plan to add links to tips and encouragement I need. 

Archived