So the whole reason I'm starting a September Whole 30 is mainly for my energy drink addiction. The last 2 years (ever since I had my 2 year old haha) I have developed a daily need for C4 energy drinks, reign, or bang, anything! It's ridiculous! I've done 3 whole 30's in the past and never worried about this before! I'm worried I won't have any energy for my workouts and will feel like crap, Guess I just need some insight or what everyone drinks before their workouts? black coffee? nitro? Just suck it up buttercup. haha It's really freaking me out, so dumb! Thank you! 

Coffee at most. 

Those drinks fake you out into feeling like you actually have the energy and then it turns into a vicious cycle of needing them because you're just so dang exhausted. 

Take an extra rest day as an active recovery day as you need it while you're getting yourself weaned off those drinks. 

On 9/5/2020 at 2:36 PM, LizBeam said:

Just suck it up buttercup. haha 

I'm struggling with that same thing. I've been easing into W30 (with today being Day 1) and not having my morning Bucked Up to get me going is super hard. I really like that niacin flush and the boost of energy - and working out without it is HARD. The book says to eat a small amount of protein 15-75 minutes before workout. That hasn't made a difference for me in terms of energy, but because I work out in the morning I think it's necessary so I don't pass out. :blink: I think working out on a tummy full of coffee would be uncomfortable (but that's just me). I am just praying that eventually I get used to it and can get my sweat on without it. 

If you can figure out a way to get that niacin flush in a W30 approved way, please share! LOL