Compliant Marinara Sauce?

decker_bear

A few years ago when I was all into W30 I swear there was a compliant marinara sauce at Trader Joe's. Today when I was there everything had sugar, soybean oil or both. Did I dream this? Does anyone have a suggestion for a compliant marinara sauce? I mean, I can make my own, but it's obviously easier to pour it from a jar. :unsure:

• Moderators

I usually use Rao's brand, I have found it at my grocery store and maybe Target or Walmart. I'm pretty sure I've found some other brands too, like Prego or Ragu or something like that, but I liked Rao's better so I haven't looked at the others in a while.

I'm sure you know this, but just to be sure: sugar or sweeteners in the ingredient list is off limits for whole30, but all tomato sauces are going to show grams of sugar in the nutrition info because tomatoes and other vegetables have naturally occurring sugars, and that is okay. 

17 hours ago, ShannonM816 said:

I'm sure you know this, but just to be sure: sugar or sweeteners in the ingredient list is off limits for whole30, but all tomato sauces are going to show grams of sugar 

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look for Rao's. And yes, I do. :) I don't even look at nutrition info during W30, just ingredients. I was surprised how many had soybean oil! 

4 hours ago, AlyssaB said:

Newman's Own Marinara is compliant, delicious, and really inexpensive!! 

Ingredients: Tomato Puree (Water, Tomato Paste, Citric Acid), Diced Tomatoes in Tomato Juice, Salt, Carrot Puree, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Onion*, Basil*, Garlic*, Black Pepper, Fennel Seed*.

https://www.newmansown.com/foods/marinara-sauce/

@Alyssa B thank you! I will look for that! It sounds delicious! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2020 at 2:47 PM, decker_bear said:

A few years ago when I was all into W30 I swear there was a compliant marinara sauce at Trader Joe's. Today when I was there everything had sugar, soybean oil or both. Did I dream this? Does anyone have a suggestion for a compliant marinara sauce? I mean, I can make my own, but it's obviously easier to pour it from a jar. :unsure:

But I always like to experiment, put some more pepper and pergano leaves. More spices, more fun

Archived