LadyM

The Seduction of LadyM Returns

Thanks @decker_bear! I certainly appreciate your support!!

And yes, dare I say that zoodle hack is a game changer! Mantra: have veggies on hand. Have veggies on hand. Have veggies on hand. :)

1 minute ago, LadyM said:

Thanks @decker_bear! I certainly appreciate your support!!

And yes, dare I say that zoodle hack is a game changer! Mantra: have veggies on hand. Have veggies on hand. Have veggies on hand. :)

YESSSS!! I shall zoodle my little heart out today! 

Day 21

Even though FitBit only gave me a "Fair" score for my sleep last night, I feel especially good about it. Was mindful about screens late in the day, went for a walk after dinner and then no tv after, got into bed with a real book well before 9, and slept through the night until my alarm went off at 5. I have successfully returned to my preferred monastic life schedule. Which is only possible because I live alone and theaters are closed for the moment. Otherwise I'm out late reviewing shows and on my Dude's bartending schedule. It's healthier this way. But not nearly the same kind of fun. Le sigh.

Today begins phase two of this W30 which lasts until Oct. 18 when phase three kicks in. I'm staying curious and open to the process, grateful to have guidance from my doc; I'm also doing my best to not get attached to the outcome and stay present to the process.

My favorite NSV at the moment that I haven't mentioned is I'm back to a regular, daily meditation practice. Years ago I committed to a 30-day meditation challenge, and it transformed everything. It's impossible to describe and also impossible to understand why I ever fall off the wagon because meditation makes everything better. It's the mental and emotional balance and stability that comes from W30 in overdrive. And I need it like a plant needs water and sunlight.

So, I'm giving it to myself. And this is a reminder that it's as crucial a component to this human experiment as food, sleep, and exercise. 

M1: eggs, bacon, potatoes, sweet potato toast with avocado

M2: pulled pork on patacones with guac and lime

M3: bbq pork on sweet potato with kraut

Planning for a walk in the woods and either barre or yoga plus some yoga nidra today. I have a long to-do list, but it all seems more manageable the more time and space I make to tend to myself. Grateful for an early morning to create the foundation that supports it all.

Day 23

These days I'm much more focused on things other than food and my well being, and therefore even more grateful for the structure and habits of this program.

I'm thick into work, the process of buying a house, and my grandmother's imminent death. I'm the family member always called on for writing the obituary and delivering the eulogy, so I've been at work on those things as well as preparing to travel several states away for the service. My grandmother would be 102 in November, so her death has been a long time coming, but in some ways, having had more time with her makes the grief more intense.

Anyway, shifting macros slightly changes a bit today in phase two of this w30, and since I'm posting here, I'm going to stop logging my meals that won't look as close to the template as a newcomer should see. Staying curious and open to this process, however, and rooting for good health and the support I need through this challenging time.

Spoiler alert: I don't think the challenging times are going to subside anytime soon for any of us. Best to hunker down, keep calm, and carry on with the best tools we have.

Day 24

Waiting for someone to die is the strangest thing. I've done it a few times in my life. I hope not to have to do it much, if at all, from this point forward. Le sigh.

Still strong in my meditation and walking-in-the-woods game, and feeling good about that. Real self care as part of my daily routine is so easy and simple when I'm in the groove, and shit just totally falls apart when I let it go and it's a brutal struggle to get back. This is yet another reason why I'm glad to be committed to a longer stretch this time around. Once in the groove, it's easier to stay in the good groovy groove.

My East Coast friends are planning to come out for Thanksgiving to help me get settle in the (eeeeeeeek!) new house. I'm thrilled. That's my birthday week, and I'm so excited to create a new space and a holiday for my beloveds there. I just ordered a turkey. I will still be on my W30 then, and it won't be a big deal. They're diabetics and always having to manage their food themselves, so it'll be all good.

I think it's hilarious I'm already planning Thanksgiving. But that's what happens this time of year. I used to get anxious about the holidays come September given family drama and difficulty, but with both parents gone as of last year, I'm released from all that. Last year I spent the holidays alone in Costa Rica and it was fabulous. 

Anyway, still here. Still making it up as I go along. Grateful for another day.