Shawna's First Whole 30

Focusedwave

On 9/23/2020 at 10:43 AM, LadyM said:

But if you're already going once a day I'd say try not to overthink it or create too many variable. Everything you're doing in terms of diet and lifestyle will likely help.

Thank you so much for the reminder to not overthink things. I tend to overthink a lot!!! I needed this reminder :)

R1Day12

Last night I made some salmon patties, they are SO good. I get a little irritated with all the food planning sometimes but then get happy when I eat such delicious good for me food!! I am roasting veggies a lot, so tasty! I joined a food delivery service for imperfect foods that cannot be sold to markets or restaurants.  Foods that would be wasted. It seems like a great service and I get to help the environment in the process. 

My clothes are getting to big, will have to get some smaller ones soon. 

I havent been logging my food everyday, it started to feel like a diet that way. I know I am eating compliant foods, no need to write down everything I eat. I will journal my foods once I start reintroducing things so that I can figure out my sensitivities. I am not really missing much food wise though. Not gonna be in a big hurry to reintroduce. 

I had a major NSV victory yesterday. I have been bad about keeping my emotions and feelings inside when it is something uncomfortable instead of speaking up. Yesterday I spoke up to my husband about what I was feeling in regards to his mom. When I told him how I felt, the earth didnt stop spinning, the skies didnt grow black and scary, instead he hugged me and supported me. I can do hard things, just for today!!

• Moderators

You CAN do hard things. Just for today. YAY!!

I started Imperfect Foods deliveries a couple of weeks ago and have been very happy with it. Between my CSA, Butcherbox, and Imperfect Foods, I almost never need to physically go grocery shopping anymore. Pretty cool.

As is the feeling of your clothes getting too big when you have weight to lose. Though that's nothing compared to developing a habit for speaking your truth. So happy for you!

5 hours ago, lizziehall said:

Egg cups are the best meal prep, which is super important on those drag-ass days lol! I throw some grated zucchini in mine so they don’t taste dry when you reheat. Thanks for reminding me to put that on my list for next week :) 

Oh grated zucchini sounds amazing, trying that next time for sure! Mine came out very dry today, but that's ok, I will just eat them with some homemade guacamole :)

R1D16!!! Day 16, more than half way to my 30!!! 

Made egg cups with shredded zucchini and YUMMY!!! So moist! 

Trying some new things. Had my hubby pick me up some random squashes at the corn maze he went to, just cut them up and roasted them. Tried green beans for the first time in years. Roasted those too. Still not big on them, but glad I tried them. 

I deal with anxiety, especially in new situations or going someplace new. Well the other day I had to go to the UPS store. I did it! I also stopped at our Aldi's store. It was remodeled about a year ago and I wasnt able to bring myself to going in. I am a creature of routine and habit and things being the same, but a new layout...that can send me into panic mode. But I went in, by myself. I wandered around and looked at all the gorgeous produce and really loved the new spacious layout they had. I was able to go at my own pace because I was alone and it was quite nice. Found a couple of whole30 compatible foods and left feeling great! I am so proud of me!!

Havent experienced great increase in energy, but hopeful. I work 12 to 15 hours a day, so I dont know if I will see a huge jump in energy. I use a lot of energy at work anyway, we shall see. 

Able to stay more in the moment, that is huge for me. :)

On 9/27/2020 at 11:06 AM, lizziehall said:

Egg cups are the best meal prep, which is super important on those drag-ass days lol! I throw some grated zucchini in mine so they don’t taste dry when you reheat. Thanks for reminding me to put that on my list for next week :) 

Shredded zucchini is a game changer!! Thank you for suggesting to doing that!!

Sounds like you are rocking your whole 30!  Congrats on all the terrific NSV.  
Egg cups are so versatile and easy!  I love tossing left over meats and veggies in them and making them like mini quiche/frittatas.  Keeps the flavors new and interesting.  

R1D21

Day 21 how is it even possible that it is already day 21? I am loving how I am feeling!!! The bloating is gone. My stomach feels flat most of the time. My watch is looser, my clothes are looser too. Is looser a word? Lol looks weird.

I am more positive, have a better outlook on life because I am in control of what I am eating and feeling great because I am feeding my body good healthy food. 

I started studying food and nutrition about 6 to 8 months ago and it is so interesting to learn how food affects our bodies. I wish that I could teach the world to eat for their health. 

I am not sure if I will be doing reintroduction at day 31, might just continue this way for a bit. I am not missing much food wise. The only thing I really miss is hummus and bean chips. We shall see.

Keep kicking booty Shawna!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I did it!!! I am whole30. Yesterday was day 30. I really feel so much better eating this way. There isnt much I want to reintroduce at this point. I did buy some creamer while on round that I realized once I got home has monkfruit in it, so I didnt use any. I will try it today. I am not going to try dairy for awhile, I feel like that is one of my issues and I dont look forward to the negative side effects. Maybe I will start with legumes, after monkfruit. 

Will weight and take my measurements later. 

I have been feeling very run down lately, but I think that is because I am working a ton. 

I really am so proud of myself!!

Congratulations!!!! It is such a huge accomplishment to accomplish a whole 30.  Before stepping on the scale or measuring, I would encourage you to take an inventory of all your other NSVs from skin to digestive, to energy to mental clarity.  Try to consider every thing as it really is eye opening.  You can probably find a list of questions that may help you do this.  It was really eye opening to me, and really put things in perspective.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived