On Whole30-Compliant Elim Diet & Unsure Abt Reintroductions

MackM

I started having health issues two months ago that got bad enough to land me in the ER because I mistook bad acid reflux for a heart attack. I’ve also had a chronic tension headache for the past two months.

I’ve decided to go on an elimination diet to see if I’m having a food sensitivity issue. I’m currently on Day 9 and it’s been going good so far.

I realized that technically my elimination diet falls under Whole30, since everything I CAN have falls under Whole30, but there are also many Whole30 foods I’ve had to cut out.

I can currently only eat poultry and fish (but no crustaceans or canned tuna), certain vegetables (no nightshades etc), a few fruit (but no citrus or strawberries), a small number of seasonings, coconut oil and olive oil.

So I have a question about reintroductions. The elimination diet I’m on said to start reintroductions after 21 days. If I start my reintroductions after three weeks but only introduce Whole30 compliant foods back into my diet the fourth week, is that still completing a Whole30?

Or do I need to wait the full 30 days before starting Reintroductions to have truly done a Whole30, even if the foods reintroduced the fourth week are all compliant?

For my beginning week of Reintroductions, I wanted to reintroduce beef, eggs, and white potatoes.

Archived