Gluten-Free Flour (Eat the 80)

immortalkid

I checked out Eat the 80, a Whole30-approved meal delivery service that's linked on the Whole30 home page. I saw that one of the Whole30 compliant meals is chicken and dumplings, used with a gluten-free flour. There's no mention of what type of flour it is. It can't possibly be wheat, right? I need to know if it's a tree nut flour (like almonds) since my wife is allergic to tree nuts. Does anyone have any insight into gluten-free flour compliancy? Thanks!

• Moderators

You would need to contact Eat the 80 to find out what their flour is. Gluten free definitely means not wheat, but it could be almond, coconut, cassava, or some other type of flour, or more likely a mix of more than one. They should be able to tell you what it is.

Thanks, Shannon! I reached out to them and they stated: 

I spoke with Kitchen and the head chef let me know that we have removed Chicken & dumplings from the Whole30 menu. 

The flour was gluten free, but he says it was not grain free. I believe our marketing department thought it was Whole30 based on the other ingredients and did not look into the flour. Our sincere apologies for not catching that.

The other Whole30 meals should be good to go (: I had them check over the menu again.

Archived