Cranberries - yes or no

CecileC

Because I hadn't been on the website for a while I was looking over the rules of Don'ts again and I noticed Cranberries under the heading of Legumes.

• Do not eat most forms of legumes. This includes beans (black, red, pinto, navy, garbanzo/chickpeas, white, kidney, lima, fava, cannellini, lentils, adzuki, mung, cranberry, and black-eyes peas); peanuts (including peanut butter or peanut oil); and all forms of soy (soy sauce, miso, tofu, tempeh, edamame, soy protein, soy milk, or soy lecithin).

Last I knew cranberries were just that, a berry, not a legume. :unsure: Unless there is a type of legume know as cranberry beans that I don't know about? :wacko: 

Thank you.

• Moderators

Cranberries are fine. I had never heard of cranberry beans, but a quick Google shows there are such things, and those are not ok.

"The borlotti bean is a variety of common bean first bred in Colombia as the cargamanto. It is also known as the cranberry bean, Roman bean, romano bean, saluggia bean, gadhra bean or rosecoco bean. The bean is a medium to large tan or hazelnut-colored bean splashed or streaked with red, magenta or black"

• 3 weeks later...

Archived