• Moderators

Yes, 4 or even 5 eggs are fine. The goal is to eat enough so that you're satiated for 4-5 hours. Some of the answer here depends on what you're eating with your eggs - a lot of veggies and some good fat, maybe 4 eggs is enough. The Meal Template is a great guide.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/1/2020 at 9:39 PM, LizClegg said:

I can only hold 3 eggs in my hand

What is the significance of how much you can hold in your hand? I don't remember hearing anything about that. Can someone please explain?

• Moderators
11 hours ago, tamar said:

What is the significance of how much you can hold in your hand? I don't remember hearing anything about that. Can someone please explain?

It was in one of the books, I can't remember if it was It Starts With Food or The Whole30, but when discussing the meal template, it mentions for protein to have 1-2 servings the size of the palm of your hand, or if you're having eggs, have as many whole eggs as you can hold in one hand. It's just a general guideline to help people figure out serving sizes. 

• Moderators

You may not be, or may not stay satisfied as long. It's just a guideline, and the real way to determine if you are making your meals the right size for you is that you should be able to go 4-5 hours between meals, meaning you're just starting to feel hungry at that point.