Possible Perimenopause and food aversions

Csm03

Hi, I’m on day 8 of my second whole30 (last one was 5 years ago). The past few days I have had nausea and serious food aversions. I believe I’m in perimenopause but am still having regular periods. I have many symptoms that indicate this (also confirmed by my doctor). During this time in my cycle I get serious food aversions and nausea where I can’t stomach the thought of eating vegetables or protein. I’ve been sticking to more carb rich veggies like sweet potatoes and sneaking in nuts, eggs, and cold raw veggies when I can. It’s been like this for 3 days and I’m out of options. I’m tempted to stop because my stomach can’t handle the normal foods in the whole30 meal template. Advise? Thanks!

@Csm03i have no advice, just wanted to say when I was dealing with nausea due to pregnancy and trying to hold onto my whole 30 I did end up doing smoothies with coconut milk frozen fruit and loads of leafy greens.  My family ended up with some extreme circumstances so I didn’t see the W30 through during my first trimester.  But while I was trying, the smoothies definitely helped.  As did mugs of bone broth.

Archived