Starting my 5th W30 today. My last one was when my almost 4 year old son was just about a year old, and now I have a 19 month old as well. I'm in major need of a reset, my fatigue and brain fog has been awful lately. Not to mention heartburn has been acting up a lot, and I know it will get better with the W30. I'm also looking forward to better quality sleep, but not looking forward to this first week because I have a feeling my sugar hangover is going to be pretty bad.

Breakfast:

Compliant sausage sauteed with mixed greens, topped with two eggs fried in avocado oil and homemade mayo. It was hard to get it all down - I've been really bad about eating a full breakfast lately and I can definitely tell that my body is not accustomed to that much food soon after I wake up. I had planned on also having a cup of pureed zucchini soup but I couldn't stomach it. 

• Moderators

Welcome back! You'll feel better soon and be so glad you recommitted to yourself. In the meantime, hang in there!

There are a few of us keeping logs. I'm nearly on Day 50 of a W30 after many years away and now I can confirm it's like riding a bicycle. . . . 

Day one in the books. I forgot to mention the two cups of coffee I had with milkadamia this morning. For lunch, a bowl of veggie and beef chili over a small sweet potato with a dollop of homemade mayo on top. Dinner was two chicken drumsticks braised with onions, roasted cabbage, and a bowl of zucchini soup.

Right now the big challenge is resisting the urge to indulge in nighttime snacks and/or a glass of wine or beer, which has become a habit. So I'm going to put myself to bed early (another thing I've not been good about lately) and try to put it out of my mind.

Well, I'm not sure if my meals weren't big enough yesterday or if I need a fourth meal due to the fact that I'm still (kind of) nursing my daughter, but I was so hungry before bed last night - like, stomach rumbling hungry. So I went ahead and made a batch of tuna salad with homemade mayo, carrots, and celery, since that's what I was planning to eat for a couple lunches this week. Had a small portion of that before bed and that tided me over. I'm surprised, I have hardly any supply left and my daughter mainly nurses for comfort before bed, so I didn't think I'd need the fourth meal. I guess I'll need to have little things on hand to eat if I have days where I'm extra hungry.

Todays meals so far:

M1: Same as yesterday, but it went down easier today. I didn't get the zucchini soup in but I didn't start getting hungry until about noon. I do need more veggies in this meal, though - the greens cook down to just about nothing. I think I might have too much protein with the two eggs and sausage, but that's what keeps me full.

M2: I ate a bit late today because I had a PT appointment to rehab a badly sprained ankle. I was definitely hungry but not famished. Lunch is tuna salad, maybe a cup and a half? Over a big bowl of lettuce with homemade lemon dijon dressing. It's about half an 8 oz container's worth of lettuce, which on its own probably isn't enough veggies (even with the carrots and celery in the tuna salad), so I added in a mug of zucchini soup. Having soup on hand that I can just reheat when I need an extra shot of veggies has been really helpful the last couple of days - I haven't done that in previous rounds.

I had an awful time falling asleep last night - I think I was up until 1:00, and then my kids got us up at their usual 6:30. Strangely enough I feel pretty good - not overly tired. I usually have a mid-afternoon slump though, so we'll see if it lasts.

So, M3 was 2 chicken drumsticks braised with onions, about a cup of roasted cabbage, and a cup of carrots sauteed with ginger powder and coconut aminos. I realized I didn't have a separate source of fat but I did eat the skin on the chicken and there was a healthy amount of avocado oil in the carrots and the chicken.

M4 was a smaller portion of tuna salad over lettuce.

5 minutes ago, MadyVanilla said:

Chicken salad is my go-to extra meal.  I've been known to eat it at 2 am!  I imagine it is tough to figure out the balance while nursing.  

The carrots with ginger powder sound delicious! 

It was - super easy, and both kids liked them! I was literally scrounging for some extra veggies because my husband ate most of the leftover cabbage we had. We had some baby carrots so I just put them in a sautee pan with a little avocado oil, a few dashes of coconut aminos, a little ginger powder, and little water, then covered them and let them cook for maybe 15 minute over med-low heat stirring every few minutes so they didn't burn. It will definitely be in our rotation from now on!

M1: The rest of the sauteed greens and sausage with two scrambled eggs topped with mayo. One cup of coffee with milkadamia.

M2: The rest of the tuna salad, over lettuce with homemade dressing. It wasn't enough for a meal so I heated up one of the primal kitchen meals I got - the chicken pesto one. It was good, but for sure not a full meal (asI suspected since it only has 250 calories).  So between the two, I think I ate enough.

My stomach has been bothering me today - I was a little nauseous before bed last night and today I've had some serious bathroom issues. I'm hoping it's just an adjustment, but it's never happened to me before when I've done the W30. I am about to start my period so maybe that has something to do with it. 

Goal for today is to be in bed with screens off by 10:00. I went to bed at 11:00 last night and slept well until the kids got up at 6:30 but I'm pretty fatigued today. There was a time not so long ago that I would have killed for 7.5 hours of uninterrupted sleep!

M3 yesterday was beef & lamb kabobs, grilled asparagus, and cauliflower (about a cup of each), and a clementine. And I wasn't hungry before bed! For the first time in a while I got myself into bed by 10:00 - I was so beat, and just dragging and feeling overall pretty blah. I woke a few times at night but didn't have any trouble getting back to sleep, thankfully. My period started this morning so that could have been part of it.

M1 today was a breakfast hash with sweet potatoes, bell peppers, onions, and chicken sausage, topped with two fried eggs and mayo. One cup of coffee with hazelnut nutpods and I'll probably go grab another in a few minutes.

It's been a hectic couple of days. I have three major deliverables due for work next week, and we're behind. I have a feeling the next 7 days will really test my resolve to stick with this one - I know tonight has been difficult, there i nothing more I'd like to do than kick back with a beer or glass of bourbon since I just finished work at 11:00 PM.

M2 yesterday was leftovers - kabobs and veggies from the night before, and zucchini soup with a dollop of mayo

M3 yesterday: my darling husband cooked what he thought was a W30 compliant pot roast with carrots and potatoes, except when he checked the seasoning ingredients he somehow didn't see that it had sugar in it, plain as day. Luckily I checked it before I ate anything, so I ate the rest of the kabob leftovers with roasted carrots and onions

M1 today: same thing as yesterday

M2: Since I couldn't eat the leftovers from last night I made one of the primal kitchen stir-fry meals. It was chicken fried "rice" and holy shit, it tore my stomach up. Not sure if it was because of the cauliflower or what but my stomach has been LOUD all day since.

M3: Made some chicken salad with homemade mayo, carrots, celery, and radishes. Had it over lettuce with lemon dijon dressing.

This week has taught me that even though I've done this many times before, I still need to do a fair amount of prep this weekend since I know I'm going to be exhausted from work and willpower will not be the best.

Been away for a few days so let's see if I can remember what I've had the last few days! 

Day 6 (Saturday):

M1: Root vegetable hashbrowns with two fried eggs and two slices of bacon. 2 cups of coffee with hazelnut nutpods

M2: Chicken salad over lettuce with lemon dijon dressing

M3: Vegetable soup with compliant chicken meatballs, dollop of mayo on top

Day 7 (Sunday):

M1: Sweet potato hash with chicken sausage and two eggs. 2 cups of coffee with hazelnut nutpods

M2: Vegetable soup with complaint chicken meatballs, dollop of mayo on top

M3: Bunless burger with oven fries and sauteed spinach, spicy mayo dip for the fries

Day 8 (Today):

M1: Leftover burger and spinach scrambled with 2 eggs, mayo on top. Not great, the spinach had a weird taste. 2 cups of coffee with hazelnut nutpods

M2: Roasted spaghetti squash, shredded chicken, and a vegan cilantro and nut pesto. Each of those things were fin on their own...together? Not my cup of tea.

M3: Egg roll in a bowl with spicy mayo (from 40aprons). It was good! I needed a win at the end of the day today.

I stayed up way too late last night. I was supposed to get some writing done for this report I have due at the end of the week but instead I was watching YouTube hair cutting tutorials and decided at 9:30 it would be a good idea to give myself a haircut since I hadn't had a cut in over a year and I'm not comfortable going to a salon with covid cases rising. It actually turned out pretty decent but i cut it to wear curly, lots of layers, and it's very forgiving when it's curly. I'm sure it's all kinds of uneven when it's straight, but I haven't blown my hair out more than 2-3 times since covid hit so why bother?

Otherwise...I'm dragging. Not enough sleep last night and I've got so much to do at work that I'm kind of paralyzed with anxiety over it. My focus issues have gotten so bad with kids and I'm just not sure what to do about it.

Well, it's been a rough week. Huge deadline at work and my 19 month old daughter is sick with a fever and diarrhea. We had her tested for covid today, should get results back in 2 days.

It was tough but I have stayed compliant. I may not have followed the template 100% but I've been pretty close, so I call that a win. I haven't kept a log the last several days but I'll try to get back to it.