Do I really need 4 meals?

Hi there, I started my fifth W30 today. It's been about 3 years since my last one and in that time I had my second child, a baby girl who's 19 months old now. She is still nursing 1-2 times a day but it's mostly for comfort, as my supply is negligible these days. I'm planning to wean soon.

Given that I'm hardly producing any milk any more, I didn't think that I'd need to go for four full meals. I'm also not too worried about any supply drops since I'll wean her soon. But it's the end of day one, 9:30 PM, and I'm hungry. Here's what I had to eat today:

M1: Compliant sausage with mixed greens. I sauteed a 14 oz tube of sausage and a 16 oz package of mixed greens (kale, spinach, chard, etc), and I had about a third of that. Topped it with two eggs fried in avocado oil and a dollop of homemade mayo. I had planned to have a bowl of Mel Joulwan's silky gingered zucchini soup, but I was very full and couldn't stomach it (I haven't been great about eating breakfast lately so I'm not used to eating a lot early in the morning).

M2: Beef and veggie chili, probably 1.5 cups, over a small sweet potato and a dollop of homemade mayo

M3: Two chicken drumsticks braised with onions in homemade chicken stock, about a cup of roasted cabbage, a bowl of zucchini soup, with a dollop of homemade mayo on top (sensing a trend here...I need to find other easy fat sources that aren't avocado, which upsets my stomach).

Any thoughts? I'm going to go make a mini meal because I'm legitimately hungry right now.

• Moderators

Your meals look fine, but if you're hungry, eat. Maybe you need a fourth meal, maybe you just need a mini-meal, maybe some days you don't need any extra at all -- it can make planning a pain, but sometimes our bodies are a little unpredictable, especially when you first start a new way of eating.  Do the best you can, and don't worry too much about it.

• Moderators
16 hours ago, CGinDC said:

.I need to find other easy fat sources that aren't avocado

Olives? Sundried tomato in olive oil? (Costco sells a compatible one - just make sure to read your labels).  Make some mayo based sauces like ranch?  You can also look up recipes for batches of pesto (make sure you read the ingredients before you start making to ensure it's W30), chimichurri sauce, tahini sauces etc... there are loads of amazing Whole30 sauce recipes online and if your budget and location allows, there are also a great deal of pre-made sauces including our own W30 line of dressings and sauces.

https://www.theendlessmeal.com/7-staple-whole30-sauces/

https://eatthegains.com/6-whole30-sauces-that-arent-mayo/

Archived