Starting my third Whole30 on Sunday. It will lead me right up to Thanksgiving, so hopefully I won't feel so bad about indulging! :P

Yesterday I planned out all my meals and made my grocery list for my first week. Saturday will be grocery shopping and little bit of meal prep. 

I haven't been too kind to my body over the last few months (thanks 'rona!), so I'm excited and feeling really motivated to be successful!

Grocery shopping round one done! I have an imperfect foods delivery coming Monday with the rest of the stuff I need for the week (and some extras for later this month). Plus there’s some ground beef and chicken breasts that I already had in the freezer that I will be using this week.  

2ACE4EC3-CAAC-40BE-93D4-900B98DD2515.jpeg

Yesterday I meal prepped he is rancheros with roasted potatoes (https://www.tessemaes.com/blogs/blog/huevos-rancheros-with-roasted-potatoes), chicken shawarma (https://cookprimalgourmet.com/whole30-chicken-shwarma), a Greek salad, and more roasted potatoes to go with the chicken shawarma. I was glad to have food ready for breakfast (actually, more like brunch since I slept in). 

C5C4D5AE-0FE3-4489-A456-B7FB84E661AE.jpeg

Day 2 breakfast was leftover huevos rancheros with roasted potatoes. Lunch will be leftover chicken shawarma with roasted potatoes and Greek salad. 

My Imperfect Foods delivery came this morning. It was missing a couple of items, one of which I needed for this week, so I guess I'll be heading back to the grocery store later this week (going to the store for *one* thing is one of the most annoying things to me).

IMG_2795.jpg

Day 3:

I skipped breakfast because I was just not in the mood to eat. Weird, right? 
Lunch was the last serving of chicken shawarma, roasted potatoes, and Greek salad. 
Dinner will be leftover curry meatballs, cauliflower rice, and sautéed veggies. 

• Moderators

Your food looks and sounds amazing!

I love/hate Imperfect Foods so much. Such a bummer when it turns out you don't get what you ordered but you still have to figure out a way to procure it!! Oh well. First world probs.

How's the chicken shawarma recipe? Not frequenting my favorite Lebanese restaurant is kind of the only hardship I'm having with my Whole30. I'd love to have some decent shawarma!

16 hours ago, LadyM said:

Your food looks and sounds amazing!

I love/hate Imperfect Foods so much. Such a bummer when it turns out you don't get what you ordered but you still have to figure out a way to procure it!! Oh well. First world probs.

How's the chicken shawarma recipe? Not frequenting my favorite Lebanese restaurant is kind of the only hardship I'm having with my Whole30. I'd love to have some decent shawarma!

I know exactly how you feel about imperfect foods! haha

The shawarma is really good! And the garlicky sauces totally makes it! Although I can’t say that I’ve ever had it in a restaurant, I’ve only ever made it at home. So I could be so wrong! 

Day 4!

breakfast: leftover huevos  rancheros and roasted potatoes

lunch: leftover curry meatballs, cauliflower rice, and sautéed veggies

dinner: turkey chowder (subbed chicken breast) - https://www.theroastedroot.net/paleo-turkey-chowder/. I swear smoked paprika makes everything amazing. I had some leftover roasted chicken after making this, so I’ll use that for breakfast for the last few days of the week so I don’t have to go to the store for the turkey deli meat imperfect foods didn’t send me. 

2FFA5CAE-C80F-46ED-A2F7-FC82F4EB0E05.jpeg

1 hour ago, smiths37 said:

The shawarma is really good! And the garlicky sauces totally makes it! Although I can’t say that I’ve ever had it in a restaurant, I’ve only ever made it at home. So I could be so wrong! 

I'm curious how you make it! Technically you need some serious machinery for that. But truth is if you have the right spices that's all that matters.

• Moderators
9 hours ago, tamar said:

I'm curious how you make it! Technically you need some serious machinery for that. But truth is if you have the right spices that's all that matters.

See the recipe above. It just uses cut up chicken with allllll the spices. No fancy meat on a spit . . . alas. . . . 

Day 5

breakfast: leftover huevos rancheros and roasted potatoes

lunch: paleo bowl from a local restaurant (tri tip, kale, Brussels sprouts, mushrooms, peppers, onions, tomatoes sautéed in coconut oil.)

dinner: leftover chowder

8CAB210C-1E32-4806-8D73-D3953F1BCB7C.jpeg

Day 7

breakfast: another scramble with chicken, potatoes, veggies, and eggs. I didn’t have any more salsa, so I added some ketchup. Let me tell you - sugar free ketchup tastes like absolutely nothing lol

lunch: skipped. Got busy doing stuff and by the time I was hungry it was basically dinner time  

dinner: leftover fajita bowl

Day 8

breakfast: just coffee with almond milk. I failed at planning something to eat Sunday morning apparently. 

lunch: last serving of chowder

dinner: leftover fajita bowl

Day 9

breakfast: Turkey Avocado Wrap (https://www.tessemaes.com/blogs/blog/98472641-turkey-avocado-egg-wraps). Omg, these are good. Totally hit the spot. 

lunch: fajita bowl

Dinner: Mediterranean Lamb Bowl (https://thealmondeater.com/grain-free-mediterranean-lamb-bowl/). Super quick and so yummy! 

Day 10

breakfast: turkey avocado egg wrap

lunch: leftover Mediterranean lamb bowl

dinner: leftover fajita bowl. 

Day 11

breakfast: sweet potato, onion, and bell pepper hash with scrambled eggs and chorizo. Topped with salsa and avocado. 

lunch: leftover Mediterranean lamb bowl

dinner: Salad with all of the things (cooked chicken breast, lettuce, radishes, carrots, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, roasted sweet potatoes, red onion, red bell pepper, and Tessemae's ranch dressing)