Too much fat? Or not enough?

tamar

I had coffee with coconut milk along with my breakfast this morning. Now all morning I've been feeling heavy and nauseated. (TBH this is the way I felt a few weeks ago when I had some leftover heavy cream and I put that in my coffee.)

Thing is, I thought I needed to add some fat to my meals. In fact, I thought I wasn't adding enough fat which is why I'm always hungry in between meals. So I don't understand how a good healthy amount of fat is making me feel like this.

That plus I'm still looking for a good way to drink coffee, I don't want to give it up and I do like coconut milk (relatively). So this latest issue is frustrating.

Anyone have any insights to share?

• Moderators
14 hours ago, tamar said:

I had coffee with coconut milk along with my breakfast this morning. Now all morning I've been feeling heavy and nauseated. (TBH this is the way I felt a few weeks ago when I had some leftover heavy cream and I put that in my coffee.)

Thing is, I thought I needed to add some fat to my meals. In fact, I thought I wasn't adding enough fat which is why I'm always hungry in between meals. So I don't understand how a good healthy amount of fat is making me feel like this.

That plus I'm still looking for a good way to drink coffee, I don't want to give it up and I do like coconut milk (relatively). So this latest issue is frustrating.

Anyone have any insights to share?

Maybe coconut milk does not agree with your body? Not everything that is compatible with Whole30 is compatible with every person - could you try almond milk? Nutpods makes a nice coffee creamer I've heard.

As far as the fat, I would go for a plated fat with your meals (avocado, olives, pesto, mayo, mayo based sauces etc) rather than relying on coffee creamer - Unless you're making a latte, it's very unlikely that you're using even close to enough creamer to count as the fat serving. (coconut milk on the template is between a 1/4 and a 1/2 a can per serving)

So you're saying that maybe what I was feeling wasn't just the feeling of too much fat but rather the feeling of something that wasn't good for me? Interesting, I'll think about it. I am still trying to figure out both the coffee situation and the plated fat situation, it's a lot of trial and error.

Thanks!

• Moderators
9 hours ago, tamar said:

So you're saying that maybe what I was feeling wasn't just the feeling of too much fat but rather the feeling of something that wasn't good for me?

Yes it's definitely possible... it can be a lot of trial and error, especially if you start eating more of things you usually don't eat much or any of.

Archived