Fiber supplement

Mary11

Day six of Whole 30.  Please tell me there is an approved fiber supplement. I had recently started taking Citrucel every night before bed and was finally starting to have more healthy stools (formed). Sorry if that's TMI.  This just doesn't feel that healthy for the lower tract.  

• Moderators

Many people find they don't need a fiber supplement when they're on the Whole30 just based on the 3+ cups of veggies they're eating at each meal.  Are you filling your plate with a variety of non starchy veggies? Are you also having at least a fist sized serving of starchy veggies once a day? (potato, carrot, winter squash etc). 

If you would like to give us a rundown of what your meals look like, maybe we can help you tweek them so they aid in your digestion better? 

As for the supplement, you can google 'whole30 fiber supplement' and you should get some previous conversations where there might be recommendations or discoveries that people have made.

• 2 months later...

I like Garden of Life organic prebiotic fiber powder, and sometimes chia seeds too. I had gastric bypass a few years ago, and cannot eat the volume of vegetables that some others can, so supplementation helps. As far as I can tell this fiber powder doesn't violate Whole 30 rules (I am currently taking part in the big January one)- it's just non-GMO organic fiber, no soy, sweeteners, anything like that. 

Archived