Losing weight

Nigel

Hi guys,

I am now on day 18 of the whole30 and am losing weight (this was my biggest concern of the plan. I am 5ft 10 and have an active lifestyle and had a pretty healthy (well what I thought was healthy) diet before taking on the whole30.

I am eating a large breakfast - 2-3 eggs, vegetables and usually left over squash, sweet potato and veg either grilled or stir fried.

Lunch is a large roasted sweet potato or jacket potato with tuna or chicken and home made mayonnaise

Dinner is one of the larger meals within the book, so chicken with potatoes and vegetables, home made burgers or sausages with cauliflower rice and veg

I feel that I am eating large portions at each meal but as I am not eating a high amount of fat and exercising regularly my weight is dropping off.

Can you please provide some advice within the last 2 weeks where I can increase my fat intake as I do not want to lose any more weight? I want to gain some weight!

Many thanks

Nigel

• Moderators

There are many previous conversations and also some blog posts about keeping weight on during a whole30.  If you google 'whole30 keep weight on' or other variations, you should find those.

In the meantime, the only meal you've listed fat with is the mayo in your lunch.  Don't count the cooking fat, add a plated fat (olives, pesto, avocado/guacamole, mayo/mayo based sauces) to every meal.  You can also eat more - are you eating a pre and post workout meal?

HI Sugarcube,

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated. I have started eating an avocado each day and have a glass of coconut milk too. I've also starting adding olives to each meal. I think the hardest part is post workout as if i've been for a fast mountain bike ride and get back at 9.30pm I used to just drink a protein shake. Do you have any recommendations for post work out quick foods?

Thanks

Nigel

• 2 months later...

Archived