Headaches 10 minutes after eating

Bihisa

Hi All!

I have already read all the previous posts about headaches and know that headaches are normal, but I didn’t quite find the answer I was looking for. I’ve been getting pounding headaches exactly 10 minutes after eating for the last 3 days. I’m on day 7 of my W30, zero cheating, not many craving. This is my third W30 and it’s been a breeze so far compared to the other two but the headaches are coming in like clockwork no matter what I eat. I drink 3 gallons of water a day, have been salting my food more since I don’t usually like salty things, haven't has caffeine in years, and am getting a good mix of protein and fats and veggies. 

What I ate the last few days:

- Deviled eggs with tomatoes and prosciutto on the side

- Ground turkey buffalo meatballs with roasted portobello mushrooms, and raw carrots and cucumbers

- Taco salad (lettuce, cabbage, scallions, carrots, cilantro, avocado, onions, with grilled steak

- Lamb burger with mushroom “bun”, caramelized onions, grilled eggplant, sun dried tomatoes, parsley-mint walnut pesto, and a tiny bit of compliant almond milk yogurt tzaziki

- 2 eggs fried in olive oil with persimmons, sweet potato, and broccoli

- Tuna salad with lemon juice, avocado, olive oil, and herbs

- Grilled salmon with asparagus and dill

- Ground chicken lettuce wraps with compliant teriyaki sauce, a single date, cucumbers, micro greens, purple cabbage, carrots, cilantro, cashews, sesame seeds, scallions

Consistently ended up with a headache 10 minutes after eating, just in time for washing dishes. I’m usually prone to migraines, but these are milder headaches and the consistent timing of them appearing has me worried. They’re still not “light” headaches - I usually end up slightly nauseous, have to take out my bun/ponytail for a little relief, and feel mild neck and shoulder pain build up  

Appreciate the feedback :) This is my 3rd W30 and this has been, by far, the easiest one in terms of willpower, motivation, optimism, and lack of cravings/general suffering, so I’m surprised I’m having a very consistent reaction  

• Moderators

Wow, sorry to hear that! It doesn't look like there's a constant theme running through your meals unless maybe you're using an oil that doens't agree with you?  I would strongly suggest that you see your primary care doctor (maybe yours is doing virtual visits right now? Mine are) and see what they have to say? Maybe get a blood panel and your blood pressure checked just to rule out anything medical?  It's not normal that eating whole foods would give you a headache 10 min after every meal.

Thanks for your reply! I’ve been using a mix of oils too - sesame, avocado, evoo, and ghee. I always take W30 as a chance to try to mix it up and experiment with different cooking. And I was trying to cast a wide net once the headaches started to see if it would change. Even the Apple I had as a snack today gave me the 10 min headache. I’ll contact my doctor on Monday 

Archived