Coconut Flour vs Almond Flourp

GodsSparrow

• Moderators

I would search for recipes using coconut flour, as they don't really act the same. I think you end up needing much less coconut flour than almond flour, but I haven't done a lot with either of them so I'm not sure about the details.

If there's something in particular you want to make, you might post that, someone might have a recipe they like for it, but in general if you google something like Whole30 breaded chicken coconut flour, you should get at least a few recipes to look at. Or maybe even try searching something like Whole30 with tree nut allergy and you might find bloggers posting a variety of recipes that would meet that requirement. 

Also try to keep in mind that you could do a Whole30 and never use any flour substitute. It's one of those ingredients that can give you some fun options -- breaded meats and vegetable fritters, for instance -- but there are lots of options without it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2020 at 2:17 AM, GodsSparrow said:

I have a tree-nut allergy so am unable to use almond flour in recipes. I was wondering if I would be able to exchange coconut flour for the almond flour in recipes and if anyone has been successful using this swap. 

The simplest keto flour alternative you can use is sunflower seed meal or pumpkin seed meal. All you have to do with these alternatives is replace the almond flour/meal with the same amount of sunflower seed or pumpkin seed meal.

Archived