Confessions of a non cross fit foodie

30Canandaigua

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday for dinner I ended up making the saghetti squash w/ sage and mushrooms recipe that was listed here. DELISH! Except I didn't use chicken, I had steak with it.

B- Egg bake, coffee w/ coconut milk & cinnamon. The coffee made me feel gross, and when I got to work I felt like my breath could have melted steel. I ended up eating a larabar because I was basically incoherent shortly after getting there, and someone stole my toothpaste. Back to liquified green kryptonite for the morning 1 hour commute.

L- Jar salad; Mixed greens, pomagranate, mushrooms, red onion, blackberries, egg & pork carnitas w/ walnut cilantro pesto turned dressing with some EVOO.

D- ?

The sty I have on my left eyelid exploded at work today. Talk about losing my sexy card!!! Swagger lost. :unsure:

One of my entry level associates said to me: "What wrong with your face?"

Me: Do you have a girlfriend?

Him: NO!!!

Me: Shocking.

Him: What does that have to do with anything???

Me: Think about it.

**headache increasing**

D- Spaghetti squash w/ mushroom sauce from the other night & beef tenderloin.

B- Hubby ate the last of my egg bake :( Last minute banana coconut milk avocado drink to go

L- Arugula w/ ginger onion chicken drums, tri colored peppers & walnut avocado cilantro pesto/dressing. boiled egg. shrimp cocktail with BLAZING hot homemade cocktail sauce.

D- I attempted to make turkey sausage stuffed portobello mushroom caps. FAIL. Mushroom caps from trader joes rotted out in the 3 days I had them. Improvised "meatballs" with flaxseed and egg looked like cat diarrhea cookies coming out of the oven. ($^&*#@!$^)

Put tomato sauce away. Put cat poop cookies in a non see though container before they ended up in the back yard.

D#2 hunk of cauliflower. shrimp cocktail. a few nuts, pomegranate & blueberries in coconut milk. mocktail: kombucha w/ tonic & lemon. bubble bath.

Today is my Friday, and I was having a difficult time not visually strangulating each person that entered my office. My boss made the comment that I was unusually tame and not as "prickly" for it being my Friday. Combined with the fact that I haven't cried in a whole week, it's fair to say my emotional health is noticeably improving. Or my poker face is getting game.

Just had to say that I'm really enjoying following your 30 days! :D

I'm in the car a couple of hours a day also and used to rely heavily on smoothies (at least for breakfast). I've been making it a point to do a big meal prep day on Sunday (crock pot meals ready to throw in that sucker in the AM and twice the amount of egg bake - or what ever breakfast dish I decide to make - twice as much because I found that my fiance "the man in the corner" has been EATING ALL OF MY FOOD) :) It's helped me a lot!

B- Slept though it on my only day off, and liked it.

L- Cat poop cookies with organic tomato sauce. banana, pear, coconut milk cinnamon coffee replacement

D- Baked sweet potato wedges w/ cinnamon or paprika/cumin/pepper & homemade horseradish green onion mayo sauce. Scallops tosed in coconut flour, cooked with ghee w/ fresh dill mayo sauce. Roma tomatoes roasted with garlic, s&p and sesame oil. Wilted arugula & watercress w/ fresh lemon juice & cracked pepper.

I absolutely hated the scallops. They tasted fine, but I hated the texture. BALLS. Must get protein.

So I decided to make the salmon patties that I had seen somewhere on here. Cracked open the can of salmon, AND THERE WAS SKIN ON IT. Blech, So I carefully removed said slime (I know I know its good for you...) Crack eggs, get everything in the bowl. Stick my hand in... and cut my finger ON FREAKING BONES?!?!? WTF?

FUMING PISSED OFF. Why is the so irritating and difficult?!?! It's a blasted fish patty.

Dump bowl of stuff onto plate and pick out fish bones. Dump back into bowl. Form patties and cook in coconut oil. Grudgingly eat 2 patties w/ fresh dill mayo sauce. Cup of compliant chai tea.

Hopefully tomorrows food prep day will be filled with sunshine and rainbows. :D

I'm dying to know - did the cat poop cookies actually taste good? I had some lamb meatballs turn out looking very similar, but if I closed my eyes when I ate them they were pretty good :)

They were OK I was digging the sauce more as it was the first time that I had tried it. I am big into texture, and it they are kind of... mealy. I will probably end up mixing them up into some sauce and putting it over zucchini noodles. Or maybe some beanless chili. Sad Reality: eat them as is with sauce because they are already made and I'm hungry... ;)

So I cried for the first time in over a week last night. My husband has been less than supportive. IE: he will not only ask me if I want chocolate, he will tease me and put a piece right in my face. Or chew gum obnoxiously loud and blow bubbles. Or get half in the bag and talk about eating a whole sheet pizza for hours on end. These are just a few of his a**hole like teasing acts, knowing he's getting under my skin. Why does he feel the need to do this? Fuc&ed if I know. So after a full day of this incessant pestering, we had to pick my sister up a the airport at 11pm. His obnoxious behavior persisted, and even my sister was like: holy sh!t batman, get off her! Needless to say in his drunken stupor he thought it was funny. So I pulled the car over and got out and proceeded to start walking home. It was a fantastic 5 minute cry, and after I had the most lovely walk. I am still surprised at how mentally clear I am now. That 30 minutes of quiet and solitude was amazing. Eventually my sister demanded that they come get me, as I was about 10 miles from home ( and frankly I really didn't give a damn despite it being 20 degrees). While I am disheartened that my husband chooses to act like an asshole at times, I in fact married him. Moving forward I was very precise about why his behavior upset me, and point black to him to stop. He seems to be pretty ashamed of his blatant disregard for my feelings & goals and I have made it perfectly clear how his behavior translates to me, and my expectations moving ahead. Why do I air this on whole30??? Because I previously would have festered, cried and held a grudge for a week, versus clearly thinking about the situation and dealing with it... minus the tears of course.

I'm pretty proud of myself for not punching him in the throat OR ore importantly turning to wine or food for solace. ChaCHINGGG!

Moving forward I was very precise about why his behavior upset me, and point black to him to stop. He seems to be pretty ashamed of his blatant disregard for my feelings & goals and I have made it perfectly clear how his behavior translates to me, and my expectations moving ahead.

I love this, and I love that he had a productive response to what you said. Yay relationship communication! :)

Just wanted to pop in and say I love your writing style and your story. :) It sounds like you're having a lot of personal growth. It's amazing what can happen when you're not feeding that sugar dragon. The sugar dragon not only requires sugar, but it craves your attention and time. When you get the dragon out of the way, you have a lot of time for YOU! B)

P.S. I saw some tonic and smoothies in your food log. These aren't recommended on a W30. Aren't you starving after a smoothie? I always am. Also saw sesame oil, which is a seed oil. Not trying to be a cop, just want to talk about it.

Hi Suzy :)

I actually ran out of olive oil, hence the sesame oil. I have used maybe 1-2 tbs, and go shopping tomorrow! As far as the tonic--> I'm not sure if that is what it is actually called. It's probably more accurately described as sparkling water. I had bought a 4 pack, which is gone now. I am actually liking the taste of kombucha more, and have been doing that with still water and lemon. As far as liquefied food for the road, I actually still incorporate it because between eating the protein/egg portion and incorporating veggies/ fats and fruits on the road I feel very full, for most of the day. THIS IS HUGE BECAUSE I ENDLESSLY SNACK AT WORK. I eat meal 1 and drive to work between 10:30-12:00 (hour commute) and generally don't get meal 2 until around 5 if I get it at all. By the time I get home, meal 3 is around 9-10 depending on traffic and prep time. Then chores & such until my husband gets home around midnight. We usually chat, I have decaf tea, he has beer/wine and go to bed around 1. This may seem late for some, but it is great comparatively!!! When we first met his shifts were 6pm-4am. Talk about wonky! I am aware that some of these things are not recommended, and fully understand that my results may vary :) Kind of like the fact that I don't work out or do cross fit. This foodie is taking baby steps towards creating sustainable change, in MY life, each and every day. I think I'm doing pretty good with this whole30, considering we just shifted to Paleo in November! Thanks for your input! What do you drink?

Cool. I love to hear thought processes. Yeah. Tonic has sugar in it, so I'm glad to hear you're not doing that. I would call what you drink plain soda, club soda, or seltzer and I drink my volume in it daily! I really like La Croix, pretty much any flavor. Trader Joe's (where I work) has decent flavored sparkling spring water. Hmm. I love teas like Sleepytime Vanilla or a raspberry flavored black tea. Me and the huz stay up late, too since I work evenings.

B- scrambled eggs with crumbled cat poop cookies. Avocado, coconut milk, almond butter, pear coffee replacement

L- The most amazingly delicate beet salad I have encountered with out goat cheese. Grilled chicken tit.

http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/6297-blood-orange-beet-fennel-salad/

D- fasting. I didn't get home until after ten, and I am simply being lazy.

I re-read some of my posts, and just for the record I have never punched anyone in the throat in my life. I threw a wet sponge at my sister in middle school; she said I punched her; my mother smacked me and said if I ever hit anyone again she'd rip my arm off... and I believed her. Confession: I am a big cry baby. The kind that when I'm mad, I cry in the corner and tell you to leave me alone through my snot bubbles and wrinkly chin. Sexy right? Yeah, my boss thinks so too. She makes sure there are tissues in her, and my office... O.o What?!! She's Italian and I'm Irish. And we're both stubborn. Tempers flare and I blubber... UNTIL WHOLE30!!!

Also- I decided to do my self assessment for starting the primal movements. As I suspected, I must start that the beginning... which is OK with me. Well everything but the squats. I busted out quite a few of those babies, and now I am walking around like I have hemorrhoids or I invited a porcupine into my pants after giving birth to a watermelon. Good Gravy.

I decided to do my self assessment for starting the primal movements. As I suspected, I must start that the beginning... which is OK with me.

Where did you find this? I get virtually no exercise, unless cooking counts ;) and maybe the primal movements thing would be something I can blend into my lifestyle...

Where did you find this? I get virtually no exercise, unless cooking counts ;) and maybe the primal movements thing would be something I can blend into my lifestyle...

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/welcome-to-marks-daily-apple/

Here is a link to Mark's daily apple. There is a LOT of info there, just like on this site. I signed up for the newsletter in November when I transitioned to Paleo, and downloaded all of the free ebooks. Including the fitness ebook where the primal movements are explained, complete with links to you tube demonstrations. (Yay!) The newsletter is awesome, not over the top. That site is actually where I came across whole30!

Ahem. Notice it took me until now to get going on the self assessment... LOL

B- coconut milk pear cinnamon drink. 20 minutes late out the door. No protein :(

L- Blood orange, beet & fennel salad. Grilled chicken tit w/ horseradish green onion mayo

LATE dinner- small cucumber w/ dill mayo. shrimp cocktail. Roaring fire.

Small glass to try: http://www.twelvebeverage.com/our_products.php

I kind of, did some shots before work today and... bought myself a present :D There is a local olive oil & balsamic vinegar shop THAT I LOVE LOVE LOVE. YeHa folks! Shots of vinegar and oil! WOOOWEEEE!

http://www.folivers.com/index.html

Seriously. Their products are fan-freaking-tastic. No added blabla. Pure Deliciousness. (And they deliver!!!)

Squats FTW!

Good job confronting your husband on his db-ness. You have made some hard decisions that will benefit you and you deserve his support! Sometimes it just takes the menfolk a little while to catch up.

Most of his close buddies live over an hour away, so I tend to be his "buddie" too... meaning we banter back and forth quite a bit. He has a hard time understanding my over the line limits aka I'm sensitive and hormonal like a woman; whereas him and the guys could banter for days and not get their panties in a bunch.

Squats can kiss my ars. I have been hobbling around all day. Humphff. ;) Some of my coworkers asked how I hurt myself. Of course I had to reply: "I tried exercising..."

Sounding good!

Way late commenting here, but I feel the same way about leg hair. The few times I have shaved I felt like my legs were covered in a thick layer of wax and were numb! That hair helps with sensation!

Woohoo olive oil shots!

Archived