Confessions of a non cross fit foodie

30Canandaigua

Can you share your recipe for dijon mustard and sausage patties? I tried making sausage once, but it tasted really dry. I suspect there wasn't enough fat in the ground pork that I picked up, but I'm not sure how to remedy that.

There is an awesome spice store in Rochester called Niblack. Some stuff is a little pricey, but they have every obscure thing I've ever looked for, so I am happy to support local business :) They have a premixed Hot breakfast sausage seasoning blend that I picked up for $2.50. Salt, crushed red pepper, white pepper, nutmeg, sage, thyme, ground red pepper, paprika, ginger.

I used the recipe from mark sissons new book: primal blueprint healthy sauces, dressings & toppings... fabulous book and I have used the shit out of it!! Yellow & brown mustard seeds, water, cider vinegar, salt. let sit over night & blend. Super easy!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It makes me sad to think that some of my friendships are so shallow that they wouldn't survive without the addition of alcohol. It makes me a bit mad at myself for not seeing this before. I've had friends stop drinking before, and I've never dropped them, I've just found other activities to enjoy with them. I guess the problem is not mine if others can't see the value in activities that don't include alcohol.

Hello! It's like you pulled that out of my cranium with chopsticks. I am finding the most difficult part for me is transitioning some of these friendships into more meaningful healthier relationships... especially when the other party 'content' where they are.

I'm beginning to realize that some of them will not transition, that I will have to let them go. If the only thing we had in common was an alcoholic beverage (or two, or three, or four), then I guess we didn't have much of a 'friendship' to begin with.

B- Scrambled eggs, baby bellas, sausage & green onion

L- arugula & shaved brussels sprouts salad w/ shredded turkey breast, blackberries, raspberries, tri colored peppers, pomegranate. brocolli, cauliflower w/ meyer lemon EVOO & blueberry balsamic vinegar

S- Justins almond butter packet

D- haddock w/ lemon, green beans. cherries, almond milk closed handfull nuts

Between the beer & dairy reintro and addition of some sugars I have gained 3#. I am doing a reintro w/ wine now. I had 2 glasses of red wine last evening:

went to bed a little later

slept lighter

woke up earlier

was slightly more thirsty

Eyelids OK

No headache

no body aches

I plan to include wine w/ dinner a few more times to see if the results are the same, or if my eyelids/ face revolt after a few exposures.

Wine apparently does not wreak havoc with my eyelids. Nor does Vodka. I get a little Rosacea flair on my face, but NOTHING like beer.

My husband and I went to Niagara Falls for our VD celebrations. We visited several wineries, and I found a sparkling Vidal ice wine that is out of this world incredible. As it should be for $80 375ml.

We stayed at the Fallsview Hilton, and they have a Brazilian steakhouse called Brasa. Pretty awesome to have 12 different meats cut onto your plate tableside. It was fairly easy to stay Paleo. OK I HAD ONE TATER TOT. They offered quail eggs on their salad bar. LOVE!

Starting Whole30 #2 on the 15th!!!!

Starting Whole30 #2 on the 15th!!!!

See you in the fray! Starting W30 #2 tomorrow, the 13th. Over the past few weeks I have learned a few things about the foods I once loved. Beer I now have a one night stand sort of relationship with: so exciting on the night; then nothing but disappointment the next day. Who knew?

• 1 year later...

Archived