Starting 2021 with a bang! Whole30 Monday Jan 4th start date, anyone else?

Laurenacc

I'm in! About a week ago, I decided that I was tired of feeling yucky, so I  decided that I am going to do another Whole30. I did it a couple of years ago, and I remember how great I felt.  I have gotten into some bad habits this year (started mostly in March because, well you know... comfort food, take out food, increased "happy hours", at home, less activity, etc ), and now I have constant sinus problems with a runny nose all the time, I have random aches and pains, I have little energy, and just a general feeling of "dis-ease". But I am excited to do this again! I bought the Day by Day book because I think it will really help me stay on track and help me process my journey. Good luck to us all.  Here's to a happy and healthy new year. We've got this! :)

We're (Hubs and me) are starting W30 #4 on January 1. Can not wait to get going again. We're spending this week using up food we don't want to waste but also increasing our compliance each day so it's not such a shock to the system.

Welcome newbies! I hope you enjoy this challenge! I look forward to reading your posts.

I’m in as well, this is my first time. I’ve toyed with the idea last January but got side tracked by business travel. Now that I’m not traveling and my health took a toll over the last months of sitting at home (sugar, sooo much sugar!), I’m doing this!

My partner will join me, which is motivating but also scary. I can subsist on roasted veggies with canned tuna and mayo if I have to but any of our quick, weeknight go to meals that he also eats are out of the question for the next few weeks.

Hubby and I are attempting our first round later in the week, I have to do our monthly groceries first before we can start (we live off grid and I go 3.5 hours away once a month for groceries). It's going to be hard, there is a small town about 30 mins away where we can get some top up fresh foods but they're not great quality and really expensive, so I'm working on how we're going to swing it, we do have an extensive veggie garden but its peak summer atm, so not a huge amount ready for harvest just now.

Also, 6 smallish children who I will also be cooking (non compliant) food for every day, so there's that challenge as well lol.

Hello and Happy New Year 2021! I started today  January 1, so only a few days ahead, but this seems like a fun group of newbies and veterans! I have completed several Whole 30s and even a Whole60 and 90...but the last time was maybe back in 2015. I have been gluten-free and dairy-free since 2017, so I am hoping this time will be easier as I just need to get the gluten-free junk food, sugar and other grains out of my system. Good luck everyone...you got this! :D

This will be my first time and I started today. Part of me wonders if it was wise to do with unallowed food still in the house, but I have to have some control over myself... I have been unable to control my diabetes because I do good then binge and I really need to get ahold of things.   

I have foods I love that works so am going to concentrate on those, but I am wondering if I give up potatoes, even though they are allowed, if Yams will work in my cabbage soup. 

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, Saiee said:

I am wondering if I give up potatoes, even though they are allowed, if Yams will work in my cabbage soup. 

They will obviously taste different, but might be okay. You could try other root vegetables instead -- maybe parsnips or turnips. Or leave them out entirely, though you may need to reduce the liquid and the salt you use if you do that. 

Hey there!  Starting my 3rd or 4th spot on Whole30!   I pretty much live a W30 lifestyle - however due to holidays gave myself permission to eat from different rows of my food garden! Of course the usual has happened.  Sinuses, hands are bothering me etc.  Excited to be among folks who are committing, who get it (my friends don't ;) )and looking forward to all the good that comes from doing and living W30!  

Yay!

I had a false start a few months back but am now on day 3 of my fourth whole30. Every single time I feel so incredible right away, I don't know why I don't just eat this way all the time (well, yes I do...)

I am 38 years old and 24 weeks pregnant with my 5th baby. My other kids are 1 (2 next month), 4, 6, and 9. They'll eat whatever I make so it's easy to just change everyone's diet when I embark on this. Very grateful for that.

So excited to start 2021 on this foot.

6 hours ago, KTH1010 said:

Yay!

I had a false start a few months back but am now on day 3 of my fourth whole30. Every single time I feel so incredible right away, I don't know why I don't just eat this way all the time (well, yes I do...)

I am 38 years old and 24 weeks pregnant with my 5th baby. My other kids are 1 (2 next month), 4, 6, and 9. They'll eat whatever I make so it's easy to just change everyone's diet when I embark on this. Very grateful for that.

So excited to start 2021 on this foot.

Thank You and congratulations on your pregnancy :) 

I may have made a goof last night after eating some tuna as I noticed it was in vegetable broth and said there was soy in it. I had rinsed the tuna off but not sure if that negated the soy so I guess today was a restart? I will be getting different Tuna as I like it with Gideon's spicy brown mustard. Debating buying Ghee or attempting to make my own to have with green beans.  Will have to source approved Mayo for Broccoli as there is soybean oil and sugar in the jar I have >.> 

One thing I wonder is about AHA drinks... I have a citrus and green tea that was delivered to me months ago by accident and it says 

"CARBONATED WATER, NATURAL FLAVORS, CAFFEINE, ELECTROLYTE SOURCES (CALCIUM AND MAGNESIUM CHLORIDES POTASSIUM BICARBONATE)."

Thank you again.

Good morning! I’m starting today! This will be my 4th time completing the Whole30 with several failed attempts in between. I am prepped and ready to go!

Meal 1: eggs, spinach, roasted potatoes

Meal 2: Chicken Cacciatore with Zoodles from the Whole30 Slowcooker cookbook

Meal 3: Asian Pot Roast with Shiirakes and Snow Peas from the Slowcooker Cookbook

I bought a gallon water jug to make sure I’m hydrated. My workout will be a 45min Peloton ride before work and a 45 min walk after work to get fresh air. I live in Clearwater, FL so I have 0 excuses to get outside daily. I’m also doing a daily devotion. This is my year to focus on self-care. 

I started a thing 3 years ago called No Planuary. It’s where I make 0 plans in January and just focus on myself. 

can’t wait to see everyone’s progress and support each other!

Hi all - I started my Whole30 today, Jan 4! I completed one a few years ago and felt great afterward, so looking forward to that. Like many others here, 2020 got to me for a host of reasons and have been very off track and not feeling so hot. First, I'm going to focus on the food portion of my health with W30 and once I'm feeling a bit better will add some more activity. (Currently I walk my dog 1-2x a day for 20-30min a pop), so am not totally sedentary, but it's definitely not enough. I've stocked up and found a great site (https://realsimplegood.com/rsg-meal-plans/rsg-whole30-meal-plans) with a month's worth of meal plans, which really helped me get over the hump of deciding to do W30. Excited to have found the forum and connect with everyone here!

Awesome everyone!

On day 5 over here and feeling pretty good. My kids are happy to eat a can of sardines for a snack (I know, I don't even know how I got so lucky - but on the flip side they don't sleep for sh*t so I guess there's always something) so I feel like I can stock the house with compliant things and not be surrounded by temptation. I also find once I get past day 3 or so it's relatively easy to avoid temptations and cravings aren't as strong.

First week in and I have to utterly restart because a thought occurred to me. While I can't really change medications I can look at vitamins... and I have been using Centrum Womens... and at the bottom of the bottle: Contains Soy.   Ugg... at least my Balsamic Vinaigrette recipe is a success and fantastic

Archived