Here's To Success

MadyVanilla

I'm back to my regular schedule.  I ended up having to travel last week.  Rxbars for breakfast and lots of Chipotle  I had an Rx bar for breakfast this morning, and another Whole 30 bowl from Chipotle for lunch.  Meal planning and grocery shopping are on today's to-do list.  I've been compliant, getting my steps in, and sleeping really well.  My pain is ok, and my energy is great!  I haven't had time to contemplate all the What-ifs and Why-is-thises that I usually do.  Maybe that's been a good thing - just going through the motions without all the ruminations.  Anyway, I'm back on schedule, so I guess I'll be back to thinking about everything, lol.  

Today is Day 18!

M1-blueberry Rx bar, black coffee

M2-Chicken Whole 30 bowl from Chipotle

M3-Grilled steak with sweet potato and broccoli

I wish I had thought to meal plan during the car ride home yesterday.  It's a lot to do on a work day.  I'm going to use the rest of my lunch hour to get started.  

• 1 month later...
On 1/14/2021 at 10:23 PM, Lorna from Canada said:

I'm one of the lucky ones too. It's amazing

@MadyVanilla Remember we were talking about Voltaren? I feel like I need to do a PSA here. I have been very ill for 2 weeks with repeated bouts of gastritis (nausea, vomitting and diarrhea) as well as stomach pain and a heavy feeling in my chest. I have been in strict isolation for months and it wasn't covid but my MD and I couldn't figure out what was going on - especially since she didn't want to examine me or send me for tests unnecessarily. I have pretty bad IBS but usually feel great on W30 so I was really, REALLY getting frustrated. 

Turns out it was a drug reaction to Voltaren. I cannot take NSAIDs orally but have tolerated topical applications of Voltaren for many years. With my foot problem and my jaw problem, I was applying too much and developed the same kinds of problems as I have with oral NSAIDs but 10x worse. 2 days after stopping Voltaren use I am feeling much better. 

Just a cautionary tale. USE ONLY AS PRESCRIBED is good advice. And yes, I feel a bit stupid for not figuring it out earlier - the retired RN in me hangs her head :) 

Archived