Franks Red Hot

Cindy

Yeah it depends on which kind you're using and the ingredients. I used to have an "extra-thick" mild Franks Hot Sauce but I chucked it before the Whole30 because it had High Fructose Corn Syrup in it.

This is the kind with HFCS: http://www.franksredhot.com/products/thick-cayenne-pepper-sauce

I checked the "Original" kind and it doesn't have the HFCS in it. I'm glad you asked this, because I really enjoy their flavor and I'm glad to be able to add it back!

You know the more I think about this, the angrier I'm getting. I mean the cat can't taste sugar. As the article says they may not be able to digest it properly, it may be causing them diabetes, yet the manufacturers stick sugar in the cat food!!! Can anyone see the sense here? Am I going to have to start reading the catfood labels as well as my own? :angry:

I just discovered in in cat food. Now I know the cat's not doing a W30 but who on earth would think of giving a cat sugar? :blink:

No joke, Kirsteen. My ex used to feed sugary stuff to our wonderful old dog, and he gave the poor boy diabetes. Can you imagine giving twice-daily insulin shots to your pet? Been there, and I would advise switching to a different food. (Not that you asked for advice, but we pet lovers need to look out for each other.) Hmm. I'm going to go check the cat's food right now......

Archived