Hi there, I’m a Newb & starting 1/2

Libberitta

Welcome! I’m also on my first Whole30 (started yesterday).

What helps you getting stuff done in other areas? I’ve found the 4 Tendencies from Gretchen Rubin helpful in figuring out how to keep myself accountable and get stuff done. 

Right now I’m focusing on the fact that it’s only 30 days. We can do this for 30 days?

What aspect makes you nervous? I’m worried about making the time for grocery shopping, meal prep and cooking when I’m back at work on Monday. I know there are strategies but it still makes me uneasy.

Welcome! I'm on W30 #4 and it's so much easier when you know what to expect. Yes - you can do this!! @CathB batch cooking will be your friend when you return to work! After our first W30, we never returned to processed foods so we're now well accustomed to all the food prep and cooking but it is a lot to get used to when you first start. Good luck!

I've never had a W30 coach but like the W30 Day by Day book that I bought for my first one. Focussing on getting through one day at a time sounds cliche but really helps me. And, eat the fat! You'll be thankful you did!

Welcome newbies and good luck! My best tips from experience are....make extra than you need for dinner...I mix leftover veggies or chopped sausage into scrambled eggs or add grilled chicken on a salad the next day.  Always have something on deck defrosting in the fridge either the night before or in the morning. Keep a bag of shrimp in the freezer in case you forget to defrost :o because those thaw quickly. Keep it simple but plan ahead...you got this! :D

Wonderful advice my first day felt like the flu! Was it detoxing from sugar or genuine illness I don’t know. But I woke up feeling a bit better and dedicated to staying on the plan! My day by day book come today I’m pumped I started journaling a bit so I hope to have that to look back in and congratulate myself with. 

On 1/1/2021 at 7:48 PM, Libberitta said:

I’m doing it wo a coach but I did sign up for the MU texts which is great. Nervous bc I really really want to succeed but I’m not like a typical achievement driven gal. Pray for me!

Hey Libberita, 

That was my start date too. And my challenge buddy's. I am also not getting coaching but got the texts and those help. How are you feeling with it now? I'm rocking a headache lol

Headache went away after day 4. Now I’m struggling with the bloat. I feel like an actual boat that needs to float away. I’m concerned it’s all the eggs. But don’t really know. I’ve been trying to find an eggfree whole 30 Mayo. It’s probably my body getting used to all the full fat stuff. I don’t have my gallbladder anymore so I wonder if I’m doing the right thing w all this fat. But I’m committed to find out, just curious. 

2 hours ago, Libberitta said:

Headache went away after day 4. Now I’m struggling with the bloat. I feel like an actual boat that needs to float away. I’m concerned it’s all the eggs. But don’t really know. I’ve been trying to find an eggfree whole 30 Mayo. It’s probably my body getting used to all the full fat stuff. I don’t have my gallbladder anymore so I wonder if I’m doing the right thing w all this fat. But I’m committed to find out, just curious. 

In the Whole30 book there is a chapter on medical conditions, the advice is to start with ''four or five smaller meals'' -  :) I often bloat if I have too many vegetables in one go ...  (on my second day, so far so good but I miss my 92% cocoa content chocolate ! )

On 1/3/2021 at 3:01 PM, Libberitta said:

My day by day book come today

How do you like it? I still use mine from W30 #1 - amazing that what I wrote back then is still true!

On 1/5/2021 at 11:47 AM, Libberitta said:

I don’t have my gallbladder anymore so I wonder if I’m doing the right thing w all this fat.

I haven't had a gallbladder for decades and find I have no problem with the fats. Stay the course - the learnings from this are amazing :)

Archived