Question About My Beef Broth

Pgcool

I just started my Whole30 so I'm sorry if there's an answer already somewhere for this, but I've been looking at beef broth options and was wondering if either of these are fine? The organic one has "caramel colour" on the ingredients list so not sure if that counts as sugar. The Campbell's one has sunflower oil on the ingredient so once again not sure if that's ok?

16098764567035264880580618921839.jpg

PXL_20210105_191614122.MP.jpg

• Moderators

These would both be incompatible with the Whole30.  The first one has dextrose which is a sugar and the second one has caramel color which is also a sugar.  If the first one didn't have the dextrose, the sunflower oil would be fine.

40 minutes ago, SugarcubeOD said:

These would both be incompatible with the Whole30.  The first one has dextrose which is a sugar and the second one has caramel color which is also a sugar.  If the first one didn't have the dextrose, the sunflower oil would be fine.

Darn, okay thank you for the response. I used 1/3 cup of the first one in my meal last night so back to day one for me :( At least I know for the future.

1 hour ago, Pgcool said:

Darn, okay thank you for the response. I used 1/3 cup of the first one in my meal last night so back to day one for me :( At least I know for the future.

Beef broth in particular is notoriously hard to find compliant, in my experience, which is such a bummer. 

Archived