Jumping in on January 13th

shogan

Hi! I am planning on starting my second attempt at the Whole30 on the 13th. Last May, I made it to day 15 before I caved to the peer pressure at a family get-together and totally fell apart. Up until that point I had fantastic results...losing almost 10 lbs, feeling so much better about my body and myself, and doing better with training for a half marathon. A few days after giving up on the Whole30, I really hurt my shin in a fall and had to stop running for over a month. I missed my half marathon and continued to fall farther from where I wanted to be healthwise. Since then I have regained that weight plus a few pounds. Now, I am once again ready to dive into the Whole30 with intention and commitment. I also want to begin training for that same half marathon again and a hard trail marathon in the fall. I am ready to feel confident, happy and most of all healthy! I am excited to have some support and accountability through this forum!

Thanks!

Hi there Shogan! I am looking to start on Sunday too!!! I have been lurking and reading a lot about this program so that I feel ready and confident going into it. I'd love to have someone that will be experiencing the same things as me at the same time. I am one of those people that really need the support of others to push me over hurtles! Between work, school, and my kids, my free time is limited, but I try to hop on the ab lunge for a few sets in the morning before work, and I have the Zumba DVDs that I try and use at night. Hoping to shed some weight and not feel so tired all of the time. Good luck to you!!

Thanks lilangel! Hopefully we can be support for each other. I am also working full time and a full time student...however, I have much more free time, not having any kids (yet)! Good luck to you too!

Hey everyone! I'm also starting this sunday. I'm so excited. I'm also enjoying my last days of eating grains, no over doing it though lol. I had a veggie panin and will be having a grass fed burger tomorrow with the bread. Then to start the Whole30 Sunday. I'm glad there are other people starting the same day. We can all support each other in this journey.

Glad to see there are a couple of us venturing on this journey on the same day. I am a bit nervous as I work through my grocery list, but I am going to do my best. I am trying to get my husband to do this with me, but he caves very easily so I am unsure if he can do this with me and be 100% compliant.Good Luck to us!

Im starting today too! I originally intended to start on the 1st and I did but I was not completely compliant. These past two weeks have helped me to get my feet wet and feel comfortable cooking and shopping paleo and ive already lost 7 pounds. Im ready today to do the whole 30 WHOLLY no slips, no cheats, no excuses. So glad there are a few of us starting together. I look forawrd to heraing yalls experinece.

Best of luck!

Yea! We all made it through day 1! My wife and I are doing this together, and we desperately need to get to the store. We intended to go Saturday but didnt make it. Now we have practically no healthy food to eat. I am going to have to set my alarm and go today before its time to cook or we will be in big trouble. Good luck everyone!

So my body hates me this morning!!! In my coffee instead of yummy french vanilla creamer, I added coconut milk with a little vanilla. Maybe it's a coincidence, but I have a headache since my body is probably wondering where the heck her morning sugar is :/ I have only brought 3 hard boiled eggs to work this morning for breakfast as I was in a rush this morning. For lunch all I have with my is a pepper, some cherry tomatoes, and a handful of cashews. Since I work till one, and have two school classes tonight, I really will not have time to eat anyway. I'm just nervous that I will be super hungry when I get home. If that is the case, I have some pre-made sweet potatoes in the fridge just calling my name!! Good luck today everyone! WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!

My boyfriend and I started our Whole30 challenge yesterday. So far so good! Finding these forums very helpful in balancing daily expectations. Glad to have others on the same schedule. Made a delicious chili last night heavy on flavor. I've found many recipes I'm planning to try through Pinterest. What motivated us to try this: for my BF he heard about it through a success story at work, a couple that completed the challenge, the gal lost 20 lbs and her husband lost 8. I'm motivated not only by the opportunity to lose lbs but kick my addictions to sugar, carbs, reliance on dairy and grains. This plan is very different from my usual intake but I miss the girl that used to workout 5-7 days a week, run 5Ks, felt sexy and invincible. I'm at a different place personally, now living in TX originally from Chicago. Former city girl now enjoying a more relaxed pace. I'll enjoy this journey much more knowing others are right here with me!

Lorraine, welcome to the program. I am also doing this to hopefully shed the pounds put on by my last pregnancy. It has gotten to the point where I hate how I look. I hate tried Weight Watchers which didn't do mcuh but make me miserable because I was always hungry, and I also do zumba at home (as much as I can with school). I also would LOVE to not feel tired 24/7 as I have for years now (and I get a decent amount of sleep a night). I'm glad you had your first good day (I may want that chili recipe!) Good luck today!

I'm feeling good so far. Mild headaches as expected but able to workout and noticing a little more energy and less forgetfulness. Small improvements. Some digestive issues and very bloated. My bf on the other hand feels good but experienced a sleepless night. Both feel very committed. Slow and steady. Enjoying the meals we've been preparing.

Hope it is okay if I join in. I started on Sunday as well, but only joined the forum today!

I have been doing really well, however, I had a major headache yesterday. If I ever doubted that sugar is a drug, the withdrawal headache sure put that doubt to rest.

lilangel4824, I too cut out sugar from my morning coffee and added coconut milk. I love the idea of vanilla, but is vanilla okay since it is made with alcohol?

HI! I'm jumping on too!! Like all of you, I started last Sunday, as well. This is my second Whole 30. (Actually it's my 3rd attempt as my very first time I made it all the way to Day 16 and fell off but I got right back on the wagon the next day and started over.) The biggest difference for me this time is that I'm prepping/cooking all my meals whereas last time I ordered a month of the Paleo Meals that you can order through this website. The meals were a great convenience but I'm loving all the flavors of a few of the meals I have prepared from "Well Fed." Last night I had the Cinnamon Beef Stew (and have plenty of leftovers for today!).

Archived