Hazelnut milk

Jtandi

I tried a recipe today for hazelnut milk - I don't really like almond milk or coconut milk in my coffe. It is AMAZING! I am assuming that drinking by the cup would not be good, right? It tastes like a great chai tea. Seriously delicious!

and for those who wonder, here's the recipe:

2 cups hazelnuts soaked overnight

4 cups water

4-5 dates

1/4 tsp of cinnamon, cardamom, and nutmeg

I also added about1/2 of a vanilla bean

Blend until completely smooth and pour through nut bag ( I found I wasn't blending enough )

FYI for those with allergies which require soaking of nuts -> hazelnuts & brazil nuts don't need to be soaked, so you can make quickie nut milk if you run out of the soaking kind. Don't have too much brazil nut milk, it's loaded with selenium (good in normal amounts).

http://detoxinista.com/2010/11/dont-wait-another-minute/

Hmmm...it wasn't really sweet to me but I was a huge creamer/sugar in my coffee drinker. I would guess that makes enough for about 10 cups of coffee so 1/2 a date isn't too bad for me, but I only drink one cup of coffee a day...maybe ill try to cut it back at some point...

Beware feeding the "hot sweet caffeinated drink" dragon. Black or black with unsweetened creamer is what's recommended. Even with that few dates it would feed the hot sweet drink dragon way too much for me. Funny how I've loved coffee for FOREVER but drink it next to never now that I have no sweetener in it LOL. Who knew?

Archived