Reintroduction Scheduling

IAmMamaBoo

When doing the reintroduction - and looking at the fast track schedule - am I correct in understanding that each reintroduction only includes that specific food.  For example, day 34 if I am reintroducing gluten-free alcohol I am not also having added sugar that I reintroduced on day 31?  I'm taking each reintroduction day for the singular food group and than adding back in all of the groups that did not have a negative impact on my digestion/health at the end of the reintroduction phase?

https://whole30.com/reintroduction/?gobacktext=Return%20to%20my%20whole30%20dashboard&gobackurl=https://whole30.com/do-the-whole30/#reintrobasics

• Moderators

Right. Introduce one type of food on each reintroduction day, go back to strict Whole30 eating for at least two days between reintroduction days, and do not have a reintroduced item again even if you didn't seem to have a reaction until you've completed all your reintroductions. 

"and than adding back in all of the groups that did not have a negative impact on my digestion/health at the end of the reintroduction phase?"

Something to keep in mind about this -- sometimes there is a cumulative effect with some types of food, so maybe on dairy reintro day you don't notice an issue, so you go back to having dairy most days, and then in a few weeks you realize you don't feel as good as you did on Whole30. It could be you can have some dairy with no issues, but having more dairy over time does cause a problem, or maybe it's a combo of dairy and other stuff you've added back to your diet. Sometimes it takes some trial and error to discover a balance of being able to eat things you like, while still feeling good. It might not be that way for you, but it is sometimes like that for some people, so just pay attention as you add things back into your regular diet after Whole30.

19 hours ago, ShannonM816 said:

It could be you can have some dairy with no issues, but having more dairy over time does cause a problem, or maybe it's a combo of dairy and other stuff you've added back to your diet.

This is so true! It has taken 3 W30s for me to figure out my challenges -

small amount of dairy =- no problem  but too much dairy = GI distress

small amount of gluten = no problem  but sugar + gluten = GI distress

small amount of sugar = no problem  but sugar + dairy = GI distress

Only legumes revealed themselves as problematic on first reintro. 

Archived