Burping all day!

GiaRose

Hi! I’m on Day 28 and I have been burping ALL day. This is one of the reasons I started the whole30 was to figure out which foods were making me bloated and burpy. I had some black tea this morning and that’s the only thing I can think of that may have been the culprit. Ingredients: black tea, orange peel, lemon peel, natural citrus flavors with other natural flavors.

please tell me I didn’t mess up my whole30 on day 28!!

• Moderators

Those ingredients are fine for Whole30, but sometimes even things that are ok to have on Whole30 may not work well for you.

Is the tea the only thing you had today that you haven't had before during the last 28 days? Have you had other teas during this time? Did you eat more of something today than you have in the past? Common culprits for causing gas and bloating include cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, kale, cabbage, or cauliflower, especially if they're raw, but for some people even when they're cooked they cause issues. Raw vegetables of any kind can be harder to digest, so if you had a bunch of raw vegetables where you'd normally have cooked, that could do it. Nuts and seeds sometimes cause issues for people as well, especially in large quantities. 

Also, if you menstruate, at certain times in your cycle you may be more prone to gas and bloating, so it might not be food related at all.

Archived