D7R2 feeling dizzy

MyW30

Hi All,

Since a couple of days I feel dizziness on very sudden moments. It lasts about a couple or minutes and pops up several times a day. I think it might have to do with not eating enough, but honestly, I'm really trying. I just feel like I have to eat so much to get the amount of carbs and calories that I ate before, while eating just whole30 approved food. I really feel full after a meal. (While at the same time I couldn't stop thinking about chocolate yesterday...) Overall I feel tired and have little energy, but that might be in line with what to expect during a whole 30.. do you have any tips?

4 hours ago, ShannonM816 said:

What do your typical meals look like? Are you including a serving or two of fat in each meal and eating starchy vegetables at least once a day? Are you salting your food? 

Overall my meals are made of approximately 200 grams of veggies, some meat/tuna/eggs (about 100-150 grams) and some avocado (about a half) or some olive oil (1-2 tablespoon). To one meal a day I add potatoes. Additionally i use some extra vitamin supplements daily. I am not really a salty eater, but i use some, I dont think its more than a teaspoon per meal.. and I really find it hard to eat breakfast, mostly because I dont feel hungry or can hardly eat because of that (it jut doesnt feel right somehow). I got trouble eating my whole meals during the day as well. I feel too tired and I dont feel hungry at all... 

• Moderators

Have you seen the meal template? You can download it here: https://whole30.com/pdf-downloads/. I'm not sure how grams of food relate to the suggested sizes on the template so it's hard to know if you're eating the right amounts. It is really important that over the course of a day, you eat at least three meals worth of food based on the template -- it is really the minimum you should be eating, and if you're active you could easily need more.

As for breakfast, do try to eat something. I know it's hard to eat when you don't feel great, but this can end up in a circle, where you don't eat because you don't really feel good, but then you continue to not feel good because you don't eat. Remember that breakfast doesn't have to be any particular type of food -- if you don't care for eggs first thing in the morning, eat something else. Soup is sometimes easier to eat in the morning, and a good way to get in vegetables at breakfast. Maybe something like this: https://tastythin.com/butternut-squash-bisque-whole30-paleo/, and then to add some protein you could add whatever type of leftover meat you have on hand to a serving.

I can't really say for sure that the problem is not eating enough -- I'm mot a doctor, and I'm not watching every bite you eat, but it sounds like it could be the problem, and you seem to think it might be the problem, so the first step probably ought to be eating more and seeing if that helps. 

6 hours ago, ShannonM816 said:

Have you seen the meal template? You can download it here: https://whole30.com/pdf-downloads/. I'm not sure how grams of food relate to the suggested sizes on the template so it's hard to know if you're eating the right amounts. It is really important that over the course of a day, you eat at least three meals worth of food based on the template -- it is really the minimum you should be eating, and if you're active you could easily need more.

As for breakfast, do try to eat something. I know it's hard to eat when you don't feel great, but this can end up in a circle, where you don't eat because you don't really feel good, but then you continue to not feel good because you don't eat. Remember that breakfast doesn't have to be any particular type of food -- if you don't care for eggs first thing in the morning, eat something else. Soup is sometimes easier to eat in the morning, and a good way to get in vegetables at breakfast. Maybe something like this: https://tastythin.com/butternut-squash-bisque-whole30-paleo/, and then to add some protein you could add whatever type of leftover meat you have on hand to a serving.

I can't really say for sure that the problem is not eating enough -- I'm mot a doctor, and I'm not watching every bite you eat, but it sounds like it could be the problem, and you seem to think it might be the problem, so the first step probably ought to be eating more and seeing if that helps. 

Thanks! I think I could try soup for breakfast and see if it helps!! Thanks for the template as well!!

Archived