Whole 100 starting on Jan 14!

aks801

After doing the Whole 30 last Sep/Oct, I am about to embark on an extended version: the Whole 100!

The holiday season found me woefully back-sliding from what I had accomplished, so now it is time to do it again, but kick it out 3 times as long. I have read of some people doing this, and it really does look like an incredible journey. The mindset will no doubt be somewhat different, since there is no "end in sight" for some time, but it still involves stringing together good days, enjoying new foods plus experiencing the many benefits that come from strengthening mind and body.

If anyone would like to join in, it sure would be good to have some fellow travelers. I will post updates on a semi-regular basis, so the curious can have a look.

Onward, and here's to success for all those who look to change for the better.

Alan

Hi, Alan!

I'm one of the 30-40 that started a Whole100 on the First. We all seem to be like you, we've mostly all done at least one Whole30 before, and then backslid. Most of us got way off course over the holidays. We decided the longer time span would help make the lessons stick, or at least give us a much longer time to develop new habits that stay past our end date.

We didn't all start the same day, some were almost 30 days ahead but decided to keep going when they heard about our challenge. So just know that you are welcome to join our log, or at least pop in once in a while. I have a feeling as time goes on we will need each other's support much more than we do in the first weeks.

Good luck to you. I am excited by all the wonderful things the next few months will bring.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, didn't exactly start on that date! Re-setting for Day 1 this coming Wednesday, January 23. My wife gets back from out of town on Tuesday evening, and I'd like for her to start a Whole 30 (she'd be a first-timer) the same day I start my 100.

I am REALLY re-acquiring the mindset now, and am getting very excited about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Day 2 - as you might be able to tell, didn't start on time. But we're off and running!

Since I did a complete Whole 30 last fall and kept good notes, I have the benefit of some reminders of what may occur and when. This morning I woke up with a whopper of a headache, so much so that I stayed home from work. I looked at my Whole 30 notes, and the same thing happened on Day 2 before! So it is re-assuring.

I'm reading through "It Starts With Food" and it is excellent. While the resources available on this website totally cover the "how", the book goes into more detail especially with the "why". Highly recommended.

Archived